Friday, November 19, 2010

Bob and Diana Clark


Tonight's picture is one Don took last night of me with Bob and Diana Clark. Bob and I were in the 8th grade together in Japan. He and his wife, Diana, moved here several years ago. They live just a few blocks from us. We are gone a lot and they are gone a lot, but sometimes we are at home at the same time, so it's great when we can play cards! You can see a little of the quilt Diana is making for Bob; it's over my right shoulder. She's making it out of tee-shirts from the Itazuke reunions and it is gorgeous! I'll post a picture of only the quilt tomorrow. How blessed we are to have this wonderful couple live right down the street from us. We'd love it if more people from Itazuke would move here; we call this Itazuke West.

We played cards last night and it was way fun. The men won one and the women won one. I made peach cobbler with splenda, so it was a treat for me, too. Poor Don can't eat any fun thing, it seems, while he is on the Adkins diet. He's lost 16 pounds so far, so that's great!

I've worked some on taxes today, so I'm pleased. Mostly I'm getting things in order. It's weird how my brain sometimes insists on order. I thank God for a brain that works to any degree. Our plumber's mother had brain surgery today; that's a really big deal. We are so blessed and take so much for granted!

No comments:

Post a Comment