Monday, March 10, 2014

A Good Day and Some Wandering Thoughts.

This is a pic I got today in the living room, here in our unit at Big Cedar. The window behind me is over the couch and goes into the bedroom.  Behind the lamp on the right you can see my laptop; I spend a lot of time there.  Notice the deer above the laptop.  There is another deer over the fireplace.

Today was a great day.  It was gorgeous outside and 73 degrees!  I sat out on the balcony and read some on my book.  I managed to keep all my meals down, so that was a relief.  It has become a good day if I don't 'lose my cookies all day!'  It's kind of funny, because I remember when I was little I was sick so much.  Any kind of motion made me sick.  I'd gag eating lots of foods.  When we went to Japan the first time it was on a ship and I threw up the whole way.  It's funny how my memory can go right back to when I was 6 years old and realize that I'm feeling exactly the same, now 60 years later!

I also remember when my niece was in labor with her first son, she got nauseated and I was so worried, but her dad said, "When she's stressed, this is how she reacts."  Hmmmmm.  I wonder if it's not similar for me; when I'm stressed I get sick.  I'm sure the pills have something to do with it, but I know the allergies that are producing so much sinus drainage is part of the problem, too.  It's just really easy to gag and lose it.  Being cold really stresses me, too; I do my best to stay toasty warm and I'll be so glad when the hot summer is here!  This is probably TMI (too much information) for this blog, but it's my thought process at this stage.  This blog is about the realities of life with breast cancer.  This is one of the realities for me.  The great thing is that I'm alive and well after a diagnosis 7 and a half years ago. Granted I still have cancer, but I'm still alive and I mostly do very well.  I give thanks for that!  Today was a great day and I seem to be able to control the sickness to some degree. I work hard to keep the allergies dried up so that's one less thing to choke me and I do my best to stay plenty warm.  I thank God for this life and it's joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment