Monday, March 31, 2014

Looking Back to Christmas Day.

This pic was made Christmas morning at breakfast with Lisa and Rick.  It was such a nice time.  Then we spent that evening with a lot more of Lee's family  and spent another night in Oklahoma City.  That was a busy time, but it was wonderful and the memories are precious to recall.

Today was a good day.  Mary came and cleaned house for me for the first time.  I had to do a lot of the work.  This house hadn't been cleaned since around Christmas time, so there was a heavy coat of dust to remove.  I did our bathroom, our bedroom, the laundry room and the kitchen.  Mary did the other three bedrooms, the other two baths and the living room and dining room.  It was a lot to clean, but we got it done.  I was so glad to not have to do it all myself!  It feels good to have the house clean!

I took Mary home and on the way home got sick!  I made it home and straight to the bathroom before I lost lunch, which was over two hours previous to that.  I went back over my journal and noted that this nausea started around the first of February and I've barfed 9 times over the last 6 weeks.  I'll present that information to the doc in Lawton when I go for my treatment tomorrow.  Then I'll present it to the doc in Houston next week.  If my numbers are good, I'm for keeping with this treatment.  I think I'll do better with the nausea if I can get past the allergy season.  I get all choked on the mucous in my sinuses and then gag on it; I think I wouldn't lose it if I could keep from gagging on that mucous.  Sorry if that's TMI  (too much information), but it's how it is for me.  For someone who may be following this blog for a clue as to how they or someone they love may be coping with life with cancer, I think it's important that I be totally honest.  I am as positive as I can be, but facts are facts and I don't want to leave out any that might be helpful to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment