Sunday, March 2, 2014

Winter Storm, Again!

Look who stopped by for several visits, today!  The first visitor was a tufted titmouse, but he doesn't show up as well as this cardinal does, so I posted the cardinal pic.  I was so thrilled to have the birds visit right on our balcony! Then two huge crows came in and scared off the beautiful birds.  I let them stay a bit and then I went to the door to take a picture, but they flew off and never returned.  I hope I scared them enough that they never come back and the cardinals and the titmouse family will return. I thank God for these beautiful birds; even the crows.  They add such a zest to my life.

We got up to freezing rain and sleet and it's done that all day except for a few times when beautiful snow fell.  The ice has accumulated more than the snow has.  Thankfully, we didn't have to go anywhere.  They cancelled church services for today because of the weather, so we stayed right here and enjoyed watching the weather and the birds.  My treatment is due on Tuesday; I hope the roads will be clear so we can make it.  We were right in the middle of another storm for my last treatment; I really didn't think we'd have this weather stress the first week in March.  So much for my thinking!  I just trust God to provide; it's the way I roll and it has worked for over 65 years, now.  I thank my Mom and Daddy for teaching me to trust in God.

It's wonderful to be at Big Cedar when it snows.  They take the best care of the roads, and they have a shuttle that will take us anywhere we want to go on this property.   We don't need to go anywhere, but I might go to the fitness center if I get a wild hair notion.  :)  It's a great time to eat winter kinds of food.  We had beans and cornbread for supper tonight and I'm making chili for tomorrow with the leftover beans.  Hope you are all snug and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment