Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Hero.


I took these pix on March 4th.  We were on our way to my treatment and hadn't been anywhere in the truck since it had snowed 6.5 inches.  So Lee went out and faithfully scraped off all the snow and Ice that he could reach.  As we came down to the bottom of this hill, he warned me, "I'm going to stop kind of intensely so that some of this that I couldn't get will slide off."  Right!  The 6.5 inches on top of the cab came barrelling down to the windshield so we could hardly see!  He had to jump out and rake all that off while the cars behind us waited or went around us.  He did it all with a smile, just as he waited for hours with me for the treatment.  We had also intended to go to the urgent care that day to figure out what his rash was (shingles!) and see if we could get some help getting the splinters out of my hand.  By the time we got through with my treatment it was too late to go to the urgent care, so we went the next day.  He did this all with a wonderful attitude and big smile.

He lost his wife to complications of breast cancer 5 years ago, and then a year ago we learn that my breast cancer has metastasized.  He has never backed up the least little bit.  He puts his arm around me and says, "You're gonna beat this."  I got up this morning and barfed before breakfast!  I felt like I was pregnant, only there is no prize like a baby; my prize is my life, so this heaving is a trade I'm willing to make.  I was fine after a few minutes, but he is so supportive!  Bless his heart he doesn't run from the heaving.  He's right there rubbing my back or holding me up if I need him.  He brings me a wet rag and cleans up any mess.  I had nothing to make a mess this morning; just dry heaves.  We went on to Sunday School and church and he was so attentive; constantly checking to see if I was okay, etc.  He's a sweetheart and I'm blessed to have him in my life.  I thank God for him.

After church I got a quick nap and then got up to watch the Thunder let the Lakers beat them.  What a disappointment; they just couldn't get their teamwork going and one on one will never work.  Now, it's time for supper and I'll hope to not lose it!  We didn't have Internet access until after noon, so I figured I'd better get this posted while I can.  Look around and see who your hero is in life, then be sure to tell them how much they mean to you and thank God for them.  That's my 2 cents for today. Thank you for supporting me, too!

2 comments:

  1. I agree - you have a good guy! Your attitude and faith to live in thanksgiving is an example and blessing to all of us as well. You are loved. Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you so much for your love, Doris! It's good to be loved! Love you, too!

    ReplyDelete