Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Fresh" Blood.


Today went very well; it just started awfully early!  We had to get up at 5 to be in Altus at 7 to get this transfusion.  I had never had a transfusion before today, so it was a learning experience for me.  They gave me Benadryl and Tylenol before the blood, so I went right to sleep and slept most of the day.  I guess that's a good thing.  I did manage to get a new book on Lee's Kindle, so that was a good thing.  I love his Kindle, but I get stuck every time I attempt to put a book onto it, so it was a happy time when I got a new book on there!

I had no problems with the transfusion.  We were surprised that it took about 8 hours, but we both needed a day of rest, so it was a good day for us.  We don't have a thing on our calendar for tomorrow, so we're hoping to rest some more.  So far, I'm not noticing any more energy, but I think maybe after a good night's rest I'll feel a little more energetic tomorrow.  Starting the day getting up at 5 asks a whole lot of the day!Don and I used to give blood every 8 weeks.  I thought about that today when I was on the receiving end of someone's gift of blood.  It was a thing I always felt good about doing, but after today I feel even better about it.  I'm grateful there are still folks out there who are willing to give blood.

More good news from Gretta!  She had lost her kitty cat in her move and today they found her!  She's so pleased and I'm so happy for them!  She continues to do beautifully with her chemo treatments.  She's getting more and more tired, but she's nearing the end of her treatments, too.  She's hanging in there and doing a wonderful job.  People are being so good to her!  Her job is being a dispatcher for the Frankfort Police Department and the policemen have started a signup sheet to keep her grass cut for her all summer!  Wow, what a huge relief to her and what a wonderful gift!  God shows up again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment