Friday, July 18, 2014

Lucky Lady 'Fesses Up'










When we went to see the oncologist the other day I had on the compression stockings he wanted me to wear.  I had on the only pair of shoes that had fit me for a month, but they were much to big, now with the swelling way down..  I had my arms full of notebook with papers, jacket to keep warm because they keep everyplace so cold, etc. Anyway, my arms were loaded, so when I stumbled on their shiny (hard) floor, down I went right on my cheek bone.  They got all excited and brought me an ice pack to hold on it.  I thought sure I'd have a black eye because all the bones around the bottom hurt like everything.  They still do if I touch them, but they didn't turn black!  You can see a little bruising right where it looks like I have high cheek bones, but that's all I've gotten.  I consider myself to be very lucky that I didn't break any bones and that nothing turned real black or swollen.  Needless to say Trish and Kathy carried all my stuff from then on and I had to hold onto Lee everywhere we went.  That's a better plan, so we're sticking with it.

Tonight I'm really tired because I did more today than I've done in a long time.  I even went outside and worked in the iris patch!  I divided lots of irises that were way too thick.  I stopped after just thinning out one patch in the back yard, so I'll have some more to do while the ground is soft from this rain.  It's not hard work, it's just hard for someone who hasn't done anything for a month.  I'm hoping to do a little more each day.  I still needed my naps today.  I'm thinking whoever I got this blood from was a tired old lady, too.  :)  I sure had more energy today than I've had in a month, though.  God is good and I think He's bringing me back gently.  I'm good with that.  Tomorrow I'm doing laundry and changing two beds.  That's a full day for me and will require naps along the way.  But, I'll get a little done each day!  Woo hoo!  Praise God for better days and tough bones that don't break when I fall on them!

No comments:

Post a Comment