Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Precious Memories, How They Linger . . . Thank You, God!



We got this pic Sunday morning before church.  I keep reveling in the joy of having Garrett here this week and Nate last week.  These are memories I will always treasure.  By the way, I have on 3 inch heals here; Garrett is lots taller than me when I'm not wearing my big girl shoes!

I feel so blessed that I can get my shoes on, as well as any of my clothes.  Whatever threw my body out of control, I hope to never run into, again!  It was unreal to look down and my body looked like someone else from the breastbone down.   I'm so grateful that all the swelling is gone and my energy is coming back little by little.

This is my second day of rest from chemo and all is well.  The only side effect I have going is the bottoms of my feet are sore and feel blistered like I've been walking on hot coals.  I can put them into the bath water, though, so it's not so bad.

I'm watching like a hawk for swelling; I do NOT want that to start anywhere, again, so I want to do all I can to prevent it.  I nap each day with my feet higher than my heart.  Maybe that helps, but it can't hurt and I'm bushed enough to sleep like that. Naps are a must do, I think.

I thank God for Grandsons who will come and visit and for healing from this recent out of control trip that my body took.  God is Great everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment