Saturday, July 26, 2014

Nate's Work.


These irises were starting to look burnt and they were too crowded as well as too weedy.  My awesome husband hoed out most of the weeds from the garage up to this little redbud tree.  Then my awesome neighbor got out there and finished up the weeds clear to the street the last time we were in Oklahoma City!
Nate came home with us a couple of weeks ago and trimmed all the irises, plus thinned out the ones that were choking themselves out.  It looks a little bare right now, but the weeds are already coming back.  I've been out there with the hoe after them twice and sprayed them twice.  I'm not letting these weeds win!  Next year we'll have awesome irises, too! I've thinned out a bunch in the back and have some more to do.  I just do a little at a time so I don't wear myself out to quickly!

I got another bloom off the magnolia tree tonight, too.  MMMMMM, it smells so good!  I thank God for the sweet smell of His flowers!  It's a joy for me.

I am feeling like myself.  It's so wonderful to be my right size and hot have huge legs and feet!  I can wear all my shoes and clothes.  That seems like a small thing, but it was stressful finding something to wear when I was so swollen.  I really thank God for turning me around to get back to this point from the swollen state I was in a couple of weeks ago! We serve an awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment