Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Thanks is Not a Big Enough Word.


This is Kathy and James, who have made us feel so at home in their home the last few weeks.  It's one thing to have company, but to have sick people come is a whole other thing.  Kathy and Jim have been so hospitable to us, but also very caring and took such good care of us.  Last night was Lee's birthday and they took us to one of his favorite restaurants, Charleston's.  James is Lee's son and Kathy has been just like a daughter to us.  She's gone to all our appointments with us, asked great questions, etc. Trish came with us to all the appointments, too.  It was almost a party each time.  We can never thank them enough; it's wonderful to have kids on both sides who are so good to us!

We are home tonight and ready for bed.  Home is so sweet, but it was sure sweet to have 'home' instead of a hotel while we were seeing the docs so much, too.

Tomorrow I will see the cardiologist here and he will go over with me the meaning of my stress test, etc.  Today the appointment with the oncologist was great.   He did lab work and then called me this afternoon to go over all of it with me.  We have 3 major concerns right now:

1)  I am very anemic and will have a transfusion as soon as we can arrange it.  He thinks this will be a good time to do a transfusion since everything else seems to be going in the right direction.

2)  Thyroid function is not good, so I will be adding synthroid to my meds.

3)  Liver function.  While the results of the analysis of the fluid removed from my abdomen last week showed no cancer cells, the liver is still producing all that fluid.  That indicates the liver is stressed at least and we're going to work to get it's functioning better.

It feels so good to me to have some specific plans that I understand.  I began the Xeloda on Monday, so I've had 2 days of it.  I'm doing a one week on and one week off schedule, so we're hoping this will be the right schedule for my body to accept.  So, I have 2 days out of 7 done and no issues so far.

My weight is just about down to normal and I will weigh every day and take the diuretics based on how much my weight is.  I love how we are fine tuning the treatment to me and my size.  I am very grateful for this doctor who really seems to care.

For the second day in a row I feel better than I've felt in a month.  Praise God for giving me this turn toward the positive.  Thank you all for your love and prayers!


2 comments:

  1. Reading this "good report" post brought happy tears to my eyes. Prayers still coming for continued feeling good days. You are awesome and so is Lee. God Bless! Love ya, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your continued love and prayers. I went back and read the post and teared up, too! How wonderful to feel good 2 days in a row and I got to add another one today for THREE in a row! Love you, Donna!

    ReplyDelete