Saturday, July 19, 2014

How to Put a Smile on a Little Ole Grammy? Send a Grandkid!


Garrett surprised us today when he called and asked if he could come for the night!  There was a mix up at work, so he had the weekend off at the last minute and we got to be the beneficiaries of that piece of luck! We had pizza for supper and then played Rumikub.  His mom is the world champ of Rumikub, so we had lots of fun wishing she was here to tell us what to play.

I'm feeling a little stronger each day.  I am being careful to not do too much, but I want to push a little each day so I can get back up to par.  The swelling is mostly all gone, so I praise God for that!  This was my 6th day in a run of  7 days for this cycle of Xeloda (the chemo).  Thankfully, I have not had a single side effect, yet.  I sure hope I'm getting enough to do it's number on the cancer!

I'm a happy camper with a grandson here.  And I'm a happy camper to feel so much better.  PTL!!!

4 comments:

  1. Jo, this is the best picture I have ever seen of you!! Hope your swelling stays GONE! Love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda! The grandkids bring out the best in me. So far the swelling is not bothering me at all this time. I just finished this cycle of chemo, so, now, I just pray I'm taking enough to do the job on the cancer monster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    Jilly! :-) Makes me smile pretty big too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, Jilly, we had so much fun! Turns out Garrett has inherited your skills in Rumikub, too. He beat me!

    ReplyDelete