Sunday, July 27, 2014

Those Foxy Women!


I missed a great photo op today, so I'll have to pull out an older pic.  Today we were dressed for church and ate sandwiches and birthday cake at Dorothy's house after church.  I had the camera and just never thought to take pix!  I was having too good a time visiting with Dorothy and Lee.  So, I pull out this pic from the Fox family reunion in Nashville last month.  That is me in the middle and my sister, Ruthie on my left.  Then next to her is my baby daughter, Gretta.  On the left is Ruthie's daughter, Deanna.  Suzanne is min and Ruthie's first cousin.  She's just like a sister to me.  We spent as much of every summer as possible together and then we were roommates in college.  These are special folks!  This was one of Gretta's last days with hair; chemo took it the following week.

Gretta is doing very well with her chemo.  She is able to continue work, so that's good.  She got moved and that's good.  She has awesome friends who did so much for her in that move.  It wasn't the ideal time to move by any means, but the house she was renting was sold out from under her, so she had to move and her friends really stepped up to the plate!

This was after my first ER visit where they drained some fluid off my abdomen.  I was still pretty miserable, but I had 4 more ER visits to go in the following 3 weeks and lots of misery.  But, today is 5 weeks later and I feel great.  I thank God for precious times, people, and memories and for the opportunity to heal.  Gretta and I are  putting one foot in front of the other and continue to do better and better.  Praise God!

No comments:

Post a Comment