Thursday, May 10, 2007

90th birthday celebration!


Today seemed to fly past. Don’t they all, though? Today was my dear friend’s 90th birthday. She welcomed me to Hobart when we came as if I were her daughter. She loved Don’s dad and his family and just accepted me totally. She baked a birthday cake for his dad every single birthday. Bless her heart, she is failing to Alzheimer’s and is in the local nursing home. Her grandson called me Tuesday night and asked if I could be sure and get a birthday cake over to her that would be big enough to serve the whole nursing home because he had to be in Denver today. Bless his heart; he has his hands full with his family and career and lives 2 hours away, so I was really glad he called and let me help. I thank God that I didn’t have to BAKE the cake!!! She would have baked one and baked many for Boone. Anyway, a sweet girl at church bakes cakes and baked one for sweet Tommie. I picked it up this morning and took it over to her. Thank God that Don went with me. The cake was HUGE; I could never have done it by myself. Tommie was thrilled and was having a pretty good day. So many blessings to count!

My Lady Bird is very diligently sitting on the eggs. Nothing has changed on that front.

I spent the afternoon cutting off shorts and hemming them and making knee bands out of the cut off parts. Then tonight we watched Survivor and I made more lavender wands. Today I also made our reservations for the baseball tournament in Desoto, TX this weekend. That’s on the southeastern side of Dallas; we’ll be there for the 2:00 p.m. game.

Today’s picture is precious Tommie and her cake. Both her children and her husband preceded her in death. She has two grandsons and a granddaughter, but none of them live close, so it’s my pleasure to share her love. God blesses us again and again, and I thank Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment