Saturday, May 26, 2007




It’s been a great Saturday. We were able to get in our walk and it was really great weather for it; cloudy, so not too hot and the wind wasn’t blowing us so that we couldn’t stand! It was foggy this morning, so we didn’t go to the ‘fly in’ that was scheduled at the airport. We had planned to go and on my list of things I wanted to do it was somewhere around 3 million, so I was thrilled to miss it. I only appreciate flying when there is someplace to GO; flying to burn up fuel and do wild stuff makes as much sense as Russian roulette to me. I did my Power Plate routine and like it better and better each time I do it.

Tonight we had 12 people here playing Hand and Foot Canasta, so we played two tables of 6. It was the same group that played last night out at David and Dorothy’s. We had so much fun and decided the girls will all go Thursday to have lunch out to celebrate school out and Diana’s birthday. The guys will probably go do barbecue or some guy thing while we go to the Pantry which is pretty much a tearoom. We made plans for lunch tomorrow at the Mexican place after church.

The pictures on the blog today are more shots of the 40-foot hole that we hiked to see at the reserve last week. That is really something special for this part of the country. The mountains and the hole; it’s really flat land out here, except for the Reserve. We love it!

It’s past bedtime. I came in here to check the weather and found that we have thunderstorms predicted for tonight, so I’ve got to shut down the computers and unplug the Power Plate. Jo Ann and Frank had their house struck by lightening this week and lost lots of electrical things; no major appliances, but smaller things like the answering machine, a phone, the computer modem, etc. I don’t want to have issues like that, so I’ll go unplug a bunch of stuff. I remembered the blog just in time!
Love you all; count the blessings and enjoy all God has entrusted to us, but don’t forget to thank Him!

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures MaryJo...I think i like the crop on the middle one best of all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great hike. I was happy to look down, but Don wanted to hike down to the bottom, so we did. I'm always glad when we're done, but he has to really keep nudging to keep me going. He gets tired of me stopping to take pictures. Those aren't cropped; I keep taking pictures from different spots, never knowing what was good and what wasn't. In the bright sun I can't see what's in the display, so I keep taking shots hoping I get something. Is that you, Dana? MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. well duh....Yes, tis me. I just forgot to sign that one. sorry, Dana

    ReplyDelete