Sunday, May 20, 2007

Winning is SWEET!

Wow! Our guys WON their tournament! They scored 8 every game today. I don’t remember what the others scored, but it was always less than that. Our guys were hitting and they were defending. They did everything right, and how exciting it was for all of us! The weather was PERFECT, so we weren’t drained from heat or wind and we didn’t get rained out; it was just PERFECT! Nobody got hurt. It was just PERFECT!

The only picture on the blog today is the winning team! Our son, David, is the dad coach on the right in the back and our grandson, Bruce, is in the middle of the back row of kids. I didn’t realize he is actually the tallest on our team, but I should have known that. They all seem to have grown like weeds since last year, so I’m so amazed at all of them. Their height might be their least asset, though. They are all wonderful kids, bright, big hearted, and talented and skilled players. Just ask any of us grandmas at the field!






Don and I had a safe trip and enjoyed more wildflowers along the way as well as our usual reading and discussions. It was dark when we got home, but I turned the light on the front porch to check on Lady Bird. She appears to be sitting on the nest, so I guess all is well out there.

Tomorrow is a big day for us. I’ve got the throw herbs and vitamins for the next 30 days; I’ll get started on it, at least. The main thing is that our Power Plate is coming. That’s a piece of exercise equipment that we’ve ordered and are very excited to be getting. I’ll tell you more about it after it gets here.

I’m headed to bed, thanking God until I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment