Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Good news; bad news, regarding the birds.

So, today, regarding the bird saga, there is good news and bad news. The good news is that I got a picture of a couple of little heads as they stick up above the nest. The bad news is that a broken egg appeared on the porch, so I guess the mother threw it out when she found that it was a defunct egg. Of course, I picked it up and brought it in to get pictures. (Eyes rolled.) I have pictures on the blog of the little heads sticking up and the broken egg, so you can believe it with me. Remember, you can see more details if you click on the picture. We know that there are 3 little birds in there. We’ve seen three stick up their heads and open their mouths wide enough to gobble down a whole egg. They do that when she is there feeding them. When she is not there, they just sit with their mouths closed. There might be more than 3 in there, or there might be another bad egg in the nest. The mother is pecking at something on the end where the babies are not. We only saw one whole egg when we got that first fuzzy picture, but I guess there could have been an egg underneath. Maybe if the eggs don’t hatch in due time the mother pecks on it to help it out if it’s good or to determine for sure that it’s not good? It’s been so interesting to watch!










Today also, there were baby purple finches on the front porch with another mother purple finch feeding them. They are more developed than the ones on the door. They can fly, but they just fly onto the porch and then jump around peeping until the mother who is just a tad bigger than them feeds them the seed we have out there. It’s almost comical to watch; they are so impatient!

The rest of the good news is that I did the beginner exercises on the Power Plate today. I think it’s got to be a great thing. We’re only supposed to do it 3 days a week and not consecutively because it’s so strong. It’s hard to describe, but it is called vibration exercise. I was afraid the vibrations would make me sick, but it doesn’t. It’s another very interesting thing. Many high profile athletes use this type of exercise to build bone and muscle strength, improve circulation, etc.

I am nearly done with the herb and vitamin throwing. I just have to package them; I should finish tomorrow. At least they are thrown and I won’t have to do it again for a month.

Count the blessings; they are EVERYWHERE. God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment