Friday, May 11, 2007

Day to day in Hobart.




Today was a busy day getting ready to be gone for the weekend to another baseball tournament. Don mowed and nearly melted; it was plenty hot. He had trimmed earlier in the week, so he didn’t have too much to do. I’ve packed and got us ready to go.

Between getting ready to go we got in our walk and paced back and forth to the window to watch over miss Lady Bird. She has not touched the food the best we can tell, and neither has any other bird. We’re surprised. I figured I’d have to refill the feeder by now, but it’s still full. Go figure. She’ll get plenty of peace with us gone for the weekend. The birds might hatch Sunday or Monday if my research is right and if the eggs are still good.

On our walk this morning I took pictures for the blog. The walk around the lake is really pretty. The first shot is my favorite place on the walk, where the trees meet over the walking path. The next picture is of the ‘snow’ that we get this time of year. It’s the seeds from the cottonwood trees. You can see it on the ground, and if you click on the picture I think you’ll be able to see it hanging on the tree. It’s a mess, but kind of interesting. The last picture is of a couple of turtles sunning on a log in the lake. There were 3, but the one in the middle slid off when he heard us. We like to observe the turtles sunning all around the lake as we walk; they’re smart to get the Vitamin D! God provides!

I’m taking the computer with me and we should have access to the Internet, so I’ll intend to keep the blog up over the weekend. If you don’t see an update, don’t worry; it’ll just mean that I’m too tired or can’t connect or something. I’ll catch up when we get home if I get behind.

Thank you for caring about us! Enjoy your weekend and thank God for all our blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment