Sunday, May 6, 2007

Lavender Sunday.











































Today was the end of my first week in my second round of 16 weeks of aggressive meds. It was the day that I leave everything except one medication off, so I was expecting a good day. I was pretty ragged, though. I got up and did too much before church, so that might have been the reason the rest of the day was rough. I did 3 loads of wash, gave Don a haircut, made breakfast and unloaded the dishwasher. Unloading the dishwasher is really hard on my back; maybe I should wash dishes? Probably. Anyway, after church we went to the Mexican restaurant for lunch and came right home. I shuffled the cards from last night’s games, so they’ll be ready when we want to play again and cleaned up the floor from last night’s popcorn while I let the 30 minutes pass after eating so I could jiggle and ‘fix’ my back. I love that jiggler!!! After jiggling I crawled right into bed and slept 2 hours. I guess I needed that. I’m not sure how the meds affect me. I think they make me sleepy, but I didn’t have most of them today, so I’m confused about that. Maybe the total of the week hit me today? When I went through this before I was in Tijuana with few responsibilities, so it’s different at home with lots of responsibilities. Anyway after my nap I felt much better.

I went out and cut some lavender and made 5 lavender wands while we watched TV tonight. Don went on to bed because there was nothing on local TV except the weather alerts. We have tornados dropping across the state, and lots of storms, but all of it is north and east of us, so we’re out of danger. It only sprinkled here.

The pictures on today’s blog entry are a close up of my lavender as it grows; a shot of the 5 wands I made; and a close up of one little wand. Don asks, “Why do you do those?” You’re probably asking the same thing. I don’t know a good answer except that I just love to do them. I like to give them to folks. Tonight when I sat down to put them together I couldn’t remember how to start and I felt like I’d had some great loss! I fumbled around until I figured it out and felt very relieved. I don’t know what that means except that I feel pulled to do it. Don would say it’s OCD (obsessive, compulsive, disorder), and he’s probably right, AGAIN! Whatever; I love to do it and I think doing it is good for me and not doing it would be very stressful. It’s really cheap entertainment for me, and I can do it while we watch TV. (I’m no good at just sitting and watching TV; I like to have something in my lap happening or I go to sleep.) It doesn’t hurt my back and it’s not costly like shopping. It’s a natural sort of thing and I love it, so now you know that quirky thing about me.

God is so good; trusting Him is all joy; He blesses us so richly, and I give thanks and praise!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jo!!
    I love the lavender wands. Lay one on Don's pillow! Your wands remind me of the woven Hawaiian roses. I loved little Grace--what a doll. Her hair is perfect for her little face. I bet Don would bend over the dishwasher and empty it for you, and you can put the dishes away or show him where you want things. He is kind, and God is good. Love you both, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda, you are such a doll. Yes, Don would probably do that for me; I'll have to run that by him. I'll stick a couple of lavender wand in my package for you with the rose from Hawaii. I have a handful of rose rocks SOMEWHERE in this house. The rose rock is mostly found in Norman OK and maybe a a very few other places. It grows naturally, and I want you to have one. As soon as I find it, I'll be sending your 'care' package, along with the turkey feathers. :) The rose rocks were in the basement when it flooded, so they got hurriedly stashed and I can't find them. Maybe they are in the attic. I'm still looking.

    It's always so good to hear from you. I wish you lived next door to us; a dose of you is really good for my spirits!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete