Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mothers Day!




Full day! Bruce’s team gave us another break by losing their first game, so we got to come home early. We would rather have stayed and watched them win to the end, but it wasn’t the day for that. They are a great team, but they just didn’t have it together for this tournament. I know they are learning a lot that will prepare them for life. Sometimes you do your best and it still doesn’t work like you want. Sometimes you don’t do your best and you have to live with that. All I know is that these boys are talented and they are learning a lot as they go. I’m proud of their parents for giving them this opportunity to play hard and compete. I’m proud to be a grandparent among their fans. On the blog today are 3 pictures of our Bruce pitching.

We were able to stop on the way home and get groceries, which was good. We were out of all the good salad makings and we don’t always have everything we need here. Spinach isn’t always so fresh by the time it gets to Hobart and we never get Kale. I forgot to get carrots, though, so I still have carrots to buy and clean tomorrow. I had to clean all the lettuce, kale, etc. when we got home. Plus I had to make Essiac Tea, so it can sit and be ready in the morning for tomorrow’s doses. Ick. I checked weather.com and decided it’s a good day to spray the weeds, too. Those rats; they’re trying to get ahead of me, but I’m not having it.

My Lady Bird is faithfully sitting on her eggs. By my calculations, I expect them to begin hatching this week; maybe tomorrow. I’ll be so excited!!! The best I can tell she’s still not touching the seed I put out for her. Go figure.

The bed is so calling me! God is good and He blesses us so; don’t forget to count the blessings and give Him thanks and glory! Thanks for caring to look in on us. Hope Mothers Day was wonderful for you!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! So glad you are safely home with fond memories of watching Bruce play ball. Losing is a tough lesson for these guys, but part of the learning process. Phil recently passed on to Phillip (after a "painful" loss) wisdom from a former coach: "Losing builds character". I hope you had a good Mother's Day...I sure did!
    Thanks again for keeping us informed with your blog....I am so loving it still and love you lots!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruthie! Yes, Mother's Day was wonderful. Thanks for Phil's former coach's wisdom; I think he is so right. They really win; it's just the score that shows a loss in measurement because they will win with the character growth. That's hard for them to see, but I'm proud of them for keeping up the fight. Thanks for reading the blog and keeping me encouraged! Love you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo! Thanks so much for all the updates and the pictures! They are all just great. The ones of your Grandson pitching brings back lots of memories or our Grandson and also Granddaughter. She pitched for soft ball and a Mother of a 15 month baby girl, she still plays wilth a team from her job at the hospital! Yesterday we had two baby wrens on our porch and the Mother and we figure to Daddy feeding them bread crumbs. That was so cute. The day will be soon when patience pays off. I am excited too for the pictures!! I love the magnolia bloom!! Glad you had a safe trip and a good one. Thank God for all Blessings.
    With Love and Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woe Me! I forgot to sign the comment I just sent you. It is from Dot

    ReplyDelete