Thursday, May 31, 2007

Birds flew the "coup."











The last baby bird flew the ‘coup!’ I’m so glad I got his picture! I was standing at the window and saw him up on the edge of the nest, so I went out the back door and snuck around to get his picture. I got it and then he FLEW away! I kept watching for him to come back all day, but never saw him again. I just went out and looked and nobody is home. Maybe they’ll come back, but I doubt it. I think I have my door and porch back. I’m going to leave it just like it is while we’re gone. Maybe they’ll use it while we’re gone. If they still aren’t there when we get back, then I’ll clean it up and paint the door. Maybe they’ll come back next year; I hope so!

His picture is on the blog today. The other pictures are the guys trimming the tree out back. They left it still looking good from our angle, but it is absolutely flat on the side by the wires. They did one side yesterday and were back this morning to finish the other side. We can see through it to the park beyond it, so we like it better.

We’re just about ready to go on our trip. I have all the clothes packed and the rest of everything is last minute stuff; herbs, vitamins, etc. We are really traveling light so that we’ll have room for all the kids’ stuff. Traveling light is a whole new concept for me. I like to take EVERYTHING. That’s really dumb, so traveling light will be good for us.

Yesterday I made my appointment for my follow up thermogram on June 19th. It’ll be done in Oklahoma City. I’m looking forward to that and I’ll let you all know how it goes as soon as I know any details. After we get the results from it we will know more about the direction of our lives from that point. I don’t expect much to change. I will spend the rest of my life in aggressive defense mode. The best offense is a good defense, right? God is in charge, so we’ll see how He leads. He blesses and I count and give thanks. PTL!

No comments:

Post a Comment