Saturday, May 19, 2007

Baseballing . . .




I'm thinking it's going to be late tonight when we get done with the baseball games since we're starting late, so I thought I'd do a blog entry right quick before we leave for Wichita Falls. If I get a chance tonight I'll write, but the last game is scheduled for 8 and they are usually late, so I'm thinking I'll just fall into bed after my bath tonight.


We had breakfast at church this morning. They had a fellowship breakfast and the men were fixing breakfast! How cool was that? Let me tell you the best part. I didn't want to go because I can't eat biscuits and gravy and don't want the rest. I just take all my pills with a piece of rye bread and that's a good breakfast for me. (So, I did that before we went.) I wanted to participate, though, and I wanted Don to have a breakfast he really enjoys, so we went. The part that was so cool, was this. When we got there everyone was just around talking and the guys were cooking. Don went over and checked to be sure all was going well in the kitchen and then came back and told me they didn't have anyone who could make gravy, so would I do it? That's my calling! Gravy I can do! I was so pleased to be able to go in there with the guys and do my gravy thing. It feels good to be needed and appreciated, especially from Don but from the other folks, too. It was cool!


The pictures on the blog today are from our trip to the reserve the other day. I usually take all the pictures, but Don wanted to get one of me with the 3 waterfalls in the background. I was scared to get out there on the edge, but pleased that he wanted to help with the pictures. We hiked down to the waterfalls, too. It was so much fun!


My sister called a while ago to tell us about the death of a good friend's son in a car accident last night. What a shock and loss. God tells us to give thanks in all things, and sometimes it's hard to do that. There are lots of blessings in every situation, even shock and loss. I'll be counting the blessings of Greg's life; I pray that they can, too. When my mom died I was so at a loss! The greatest help in her death and in every one since then has been this quote from an unknown author: "How long does a man live? It is as long as you can touch him or as long as he touches you? . . . " That tells me that we never have to give up our loved ones; we only give up their bodies. God lets us keep them in our minds, so we have them as long as we have our minds. We learned from Don's dad that when we lose our minds, it doesn't matter or hurt. God blesses and I give Him praise and thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo....I love the picture of you and the waterfalls in background!! Blake has some competition for my background on computer!! Thanks to Don for encouraging you to let him "drive" the camera and get a good picture of you and the falls which are my weakness!! Your "secret" place is really full of God's wonderful beauty He gave us to enjoy! Happy "baseballing"!
    Love you! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ruthie! Glad you enjoyed the picture of the waterfalls and me. It was pretty scary hiking around there, but so worth it. Don wanted me to get out on the edge for that picture and I was pretty shaky to do it. I'm just not so steady on my feet and I really thought it would be crazy to fall. He's good to keep me going, though. I'm so thankful for my hiking stick and my God to keep me safe! Baseball was AWESOME; winning is sure the sweet way to go! Loved the pictures Krsti sent of your baseballing and Blake! Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete