Thursday, May 17, 2007

I stand amazed!

“LIFE IS NOT MEASURED BY THE NUMBER OF BREATHS YOU TAKE BUT BY THE MOMENTS THAT TAKE YOUR BREATH AWAY.”

Today was filled with breath taking moments! Our trip to the reserve with David and Dorothy was such a treat! We enjoyed every moment and came home entirely breathless! After I dumped the pictures that were pretty much duplicates or weren’t worth keeping, I still had 61!!! How do I choose what to share with you first???

First of all the birds seem to be fine. The mother and father are very busy with feeding in the nest, so I think all must be well. The must have forgiven me for taking pictures yesterday. I’m not going to ever get that close to the nest again, though. I was so scared she wasn’t coming back until she came back. I don’t want to go there, again. I’ll take one when they get big enough to hold their heads up over the nest.

Today we saw Buffalos, deer, wild turkeys, prairie dogs and MANY collared lizards close enough to get great pictures. Besides that I got great pictures of Missouri Primrose and hot pink blooming cactus, whatever their real name is. I don’t know where to begin with sharing pictures. The day was PERFECT. I told Don it felt like a Kona day because the weather was not to hot; not too cool; not too windy, but PERFECT. Plus we were enjoying perfect companions and we paid over $3 a gallon for gas! We love being in Kona, but it’s great to be at home in Oklahoma and have a Kona day, too! God is so great!

I put awesome pictures on the blog from Hawaii; well now you’ll be getting awesome pictures on the blog from Oklahoma. The reserve is Oklahoma’s best kept secret in our opinion, and we had the opportunity to get gobs of great pictures to share with you from this ‘secret’ today. I’ll share them along the way when there is nothing new happening around here.

I’ll begin with the buffalo, deer, and a precious picture of David feeding a prairie dog. David was sitting there watching the other many prairie dogs and felt this little guy on his knee. What a treasure! It’s an example of how breathless the whole day was.





Thank God for a day full of treasured moments, so much a sample of our whole lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment