Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Tuesday's delight!











Ira and Barbara were here for a couple of days and nights and it was a wonderful visit! We shared everything from meals, games, and Bible study to treasured memories from an 18-year friendship. Meet them on today’s blog, pictured with Don.

As Ira and Barbara were leaving I was standing around the front door and noticed that there was a bird nest in the wreath on the door! Remember, I’m so easy to delight and that bird nest does it. I used to have a wreath on the door that I made with artemesia that grows in the front flowerbed. Bits of artemesia would fall onto the floor when we opened it, but I kept it because the birds loved it and I loved the birds. Little purple finches would build nests in the wreath and then they’d sit out there and sing great songs. I loved them! I found another wreath that I liked, though, so the artemesia wreath went by the wayside. I missed the birds, but I enjoyed the cleaner floor. The birds started pulling artemesia from the flowerbed and taking it across the street and building on my neighbor’s porch. She hated them and shooed them off. I just missed them and figured I’d lost them, forever. Every year I put cotton outside for the chats that build nests out back, and we enjoy watching them. Bird watching is a joy to us, and we gave up 29 different birds when we moved here from Tennessee. So, what seems like nothing to most folks is a big deal to me. Anyway, today when I saw that nest it was sooooooo cool! I went and got a stool so I could watch the nest from our front window. I also took pictures of the nest and was especially thrilled to see that they are using my cotton, too! I didn’t know they use the cotton, too. The three little eggs in the nest really warm my heart. I hope all the attention we gave to the nest today doesn’t scare off the birds! I’ll keep you posted. See the pictures of the nest and meet Tuesday’s delight!

God is so good; He blesses us so generously!

4 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    I'm assuming that you have posted signs telling people to go around to the back. Stay Away, birds nesting!!!! How are we handling the use of the front door...lol. Thanks, I really enjoyed the pictures. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Little One! What a nice visit I just had to your blog!! Seeing Ira and Barbara brought back fond memories of when they visited you in Springville. I'm sure you all had a great time! I know you always manage to have wonderful pictures for all of us to see;( I also figure you may wonder what you'll do next to keep us all thirsting ater the blog) so isn't God so wonderful to provide the birds, nests etc. and remind us in the process "ain't God good"!! Please keep us posted on that nest! Love you much! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, these have got to be tough little birds. They built on the door, so they've got to put up with us. We just go right ahead and use that door. The girls next door play basketball in the driveway right in front of the door. The bird doesn't seem to mind. They're so fun and they must like us a bit, too. Love you, Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruthie, you're so right! "Ain't God good!" I do wonder what will I show the world next about our simple life and then the birds nest on the door. I'm so thrilled to have them back! Dorothy suggested that maybe the bird that built the nest was hatched from a nest on the door in the past. I wonder if that could be? Anyway, we're all loving watching the birds. The serenade is wonderful, too; wish I could capture that for the blog! Love and miss you, MJ

    ReplyDelete