Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dive bombed!




Today on our walk we were dive bombed by a couple of mocking birds. We used to have a cat that the mockingbirds tormented and bombed her whenever they were around, but they’ve never bothered us before. Don said, “There must be a baby out of the nest or something like that.” So we looked all around, and sure enough over in the grass was a baby bird. I got up as close as I could and got the picture that’s on the blog today. One of the big birds was watching from the wire above, so I got him, too. They didn’t ever touch us, but they were threatening. It was kind of wild. Once we weren’t near the baby, they left us alone.

On our walk is a big puddle that a wouldn’t be there if the city would put in a culvert. We don’t have the culvert, so when it rains we have a puddle for a while. Since the water is there, so are tadpoles. Cool, huh? Yeah, that excites me, so I got a picture of the tadpoles, too. I keep watching for them to grow feet. If the puddle lasts, I’ll get a picture when they grow feet. You don’t know how tempted I am to go gather up some water and tadpoles; if Gabe was here, I know we’d do that! I sent him a picture because I doubt if he looks at the blog. Gabe is our 12-year-old grandson who has the snake; he loves everything, especially if it’s wild.

I FINISHED all the herb and vitamin packaging for the next 30 days. Whew! It feels good to be done. Now I have to start getting ready to do the next batch! I’ll open up the packages that we order and have them ready to add our additions the next time I ‘throw.’ I’ll open packages as we watch TV a few at a time, here and there. I don’t watch that much TV, so it takes me weeks to get ready for the next batch. It’s pretty much an ongoing process.

I made a batch of Essiac Tea today, too. That is certainly an ongoing thing. I’m sort of used to the taste, but it’s not good. The gritty part is the worst. I feel like I’m drinking tadpole water. That’s okay if it keeps cancer away.

I’m feeling like I did with the last round of oral meds: really sleepy at times and sort of icky at times. It’s not horrible; it’s just that I notice it. I only mention it to keep you posted, not to complain. Again, my biggest problem is the scheduling and remembering to take everything. I keep the phone nearby and use it to remind me.

The baby birds seem to be about the same; nothing new that I can tell.

God bless us all! I’m counting blessings and I’m up higher than I can really count!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jo! Bless your heart...every day it's just another exciting story from you!! Nesting birds, being dive bombed by mocking birds, tadpoles etc. (You do need to scoop them up and raise them...Gabe would be so proud! Ha!) You really are doing such a good job of counting your blessings! Willard would be so proud! He's trying to instill in us the importance of counting our blessings; suggested several weeks ago we start each day with counting at least 25 blessings! Tonight he reminded us if we get up, that is No. 1!! He also challenged us to find the good in every situation...you can do that too, right?!! I love you girl! Keep on counting your many blessings and having such a wonderful time doing it!!
    Lots of love! Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Ruthie, if we weren't planning to leave, I'd scoop up those tadpoles for Gabe! I don't want to have to bring them to Tennessee with us, though. I doubt they'd survive and I don't think they would here, either. We'll get more another time. The blessings are so cool. It's way more fun to count the blessings than the challenges . . . until I can view the challenges as the blessings they really are. Tell Willard he is on my blessing list! I love his attitude! Are you coming back with us? I sure love and miss you! Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete