Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Another bit of what makes Jo . . .
























I guess if you read the blog each day you will put together the pieces that make me. You know that small, simple things thrill me. You know that I love the flowers in the yard, especially if I can cut them and bring them inside. You know I love my magnolia tree in the front yard. Today’s picture is my first bloom from the magnolia tree. I love this bloom! Tomorrow it will be open and even more beautiful. I wish I could give you the fragrance on the blog!

When we moved into our house in Oklahoma City about a hundred years ago (actually, I think it was 24 years ago) there was a magnolia tree growing in the atrium that was in our bedroom. I fell in love with that tree and climbed up on the roof to reach the blooms to cut off and bring into the house. Since that house, we’ve planted a magnolia tree in every yard we’ve had. So, when we moved into this house we planted a magnolia tree out front. TWICE the Oklahoma wind broke my tree off, level with the ground. I never gave up on that tree. I was convinced the roots were good, so I fertilized and watered and the tree SUVIVED. I’m so proud of it. This is the third year for it to have blooms. There are two more blooms out there that I can find. I’ll take pictures tomorrow.

The birds keep me glued to the window! The male has been back to feed the female, and another female purple finch is coming to the feeder to eat. Lady Bird is hugging the nest tight; she’s nearly always there. We aren’t using that door. We can’t hear any chirps or see any little heads yet, so I must be off on my calculations. Time has got to be short; though.

God is good and we give Him thanks and glory; all we have is His and we are so pleased to have a part in it.



No comments:

Post a Comment