Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Bird saga and a snake enters!
































Today flew! We went to Oklahoma City and picked up Grace to bring home with us to stay 4 days. She’s wanted to come home with us for months and we always had a schedule that was too busy. As we went to bed last night we thought we didn’t have anything scheduled for the rest of this week, so it would work for us if Grace could come. We called this morning and made the arrangements. She’s a dear, so we’re having a great time.

When we got home she wanted to go to the park, so Pop took her to the park. While she was gone Dorothy called and said, “Let’s go to the Little Hacienda and get a bowl of beans.” I told her I was already cooking a hamburger for Don and had a pot of beans made for me, so why didn’t she and David come share with us, and they took us up on it. So, that made our dinner even more fun. David does Donald Duck better than Donald himself, so Grace thought he was too cool.

I got a picture of the bird sitting in the nest, but it’s hard to see. You have to look really close. Click on it and see how it looks. I’m so proud of that bird! Grace loves it, too! While we were at Tricia’s house, Grace and Mason took us up to see Gabe’s new pet, Kurt; a snake. A friend gave him to Gabe. My brother used to bring snakes home to keep, too. It seemed only appropriate to take his picture. They have a dog and a cat; I’ll have to remember to take their pictures sometime. The cat, Sugar, is too cool; she has 6 toes instead of 5 and has lived with them since I can remember. Rigel, the dog is a pretty good little dog; dogs just aren’t my favorite things since a dog attacked me when I was 15 and another did when I was 16. They say dogs can tell if you’re afraid of them, so it takes a lot of energy to act well enough to sell them on the concept of me not being afraid. What a concept! Anyway, today on the blog are our bird, Gabe’s snake and a beautiful iris from Tricia’s yard.

Grace is going to sleep on a cot in our room tonight, so we might be having a slumber party since she slept all the way here. It’s okay; what greater joy can grandparents have? I’m thinking Don probably helped her burn up a lot of energy at the park, unless it was the other way around. Ha! We are blessed and giving thanks! God is so good to us all.

Pictures of Grace tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment