Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Purple Finch family pictures!




Time is so flying! I’m getting ready, though and we’ll be ready to go Saturday morning.

Today was such an awesome day! I couldn’t resist taking a picture of the Purple finch babies today. They were sticking their heads up so big and one even gets up on the side of the nest! They’re nearly as big as the mother. I figure they’ll be gone by the time we get home, so I just had to snap their picture. They are so cute! There appears to be only 3 in there. I got one of the eggs that was out on the porch; I wonder what happened to the other one??? God knows all the secrets and one day He will tell us if we need to know.

Anyway, the first picture on the blog today is the 3 of them hiding down low in the nest. Remember, you can click on the pictures and see them really big if you want to see details. Isn't that cute, how they pile up like a pile of kittens?

The second picture is of Mr. And Mrs. Purple finch sitting on the rim of the basketball goal keeping their eyes on me as I snapped the picture of the babies. I’m surprised they didn’t dive bomb me. I think when I open the door, the birds and nest are actually inside the house, so they are afraid to come in and get me. They were sure watching me, though! Then later I looked out the window and a baby was up on the edge of the nest, so I went out the back door and snuck around the house. He stayed there, so I got his picture up on the edge. That’s the third picture.

I’m so proud of this family. I’ll be glad when they’re gone, though; I can have my porch back. Looks like I’ll have to paint the door, but that’s okay. It’s been worth it to watch them.

Besides the birds we had action going in the alley behind the house. The big tree trimmers were here trimming a tree right behind our house that was interfering with the electric lines. We were like a couple of kids watching firemen; it was pretty cool to us. Of course I got pictures. I’ll put those on the blog some day, but today is full of purple finches.

I’m washing and packing, so I’m out of here. Remember that God is right with us every moment; what a comfort and yet another blessing to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment