Monday, October 1, 2007

More windmill weeds!

I was wrong; I can have 3 ‘ouch’ days in a row. Maybe this means that my fingers and toes are going to feel like this until the Taxol starts to diminish in my system. Okay; I can deal with it. Tomorrow is Tuesday and I’ll do laundry and change our sheets in preparation for the cleaning angel to come on Wednesday. That’ll keep my mind off of ills tomorrow. Then Wednesday the angel will be here and Thursday is the last Taxol day. I can do this! I’m sure my pain is nothing compared to Sidney’s so I need to grow up.

Sidney is doing much better, by the way! Thank you so much for your prayers in his behalf. They took all the restraints off him today and he even walked up the hall with them! He’s resting peacefully, still in ICU. He has a headache, but he’s talking and walking and recognizing family and friends, so he’s doing great!

Today was bandage-changing day, so I got to walk with Don. It was a beautiful day, so it was great to get to go with him. Then we had gobs of windmill weeds all over, so we spent about an hour getting the big areas of them bagged. It felt good to be outside and getting something done.

I’ve been sewing on more hats and sleeves for my PICC line. I’ve got to be ready for clothes that open in the front for after surgery. I don’t think I’ll be able to raise my arms for a while to negotiate t-shirts and sweaters.

I didn’t think to get more pictures today, so the picture on the blog is one from the other day with the windmill weeds. The gloves I’m holding are some OLD elbow length gloves of my Mom’s; they work great for yard work!

God is great and helps to keep everything into perspective if we pay attention. Thank you for keep in up with us. God bless!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo & Don! You are so cute! I loved the Hawaiian dress and your calvary hat! You really look good--proof of what a positive attitude can do.
    Can't imagine having those windmill weeds day after day. It would make a preacher cuss! Ha. Just kidding!
    Thanks for showing "the rose."
    Another thing I can't imagine is seeing your child tied to his bed. Am so glad Sidney is up and improving. Praise be to God.
    Hope your neuropathy (sp?) goes away after your last Taxol. I'm sure it will. Love you both, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MaryJo,
    I'm so sorry that you had more then 2 ouch days. I only wish I could take a couple of them for you. I would do it in a second. You are such a wonderful example for us all. I'm here..in heart and sprit. dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. LInda, thanks for coming to my rescue over my calvary hat! What a cute name for it! You know, Gretta didn't like it and, of course she told me. Ha! She wouldn't dream of lying or just not mentioning it! She hates the thought of me going out and embarassing myself. I just wish she were here to keep me straight.

    She told me years ago that less is best, so I quit wearing all my big ear rings. Well, with no hair and no make up I need a girly touch, so out come the big old ear rings. Bless her heart; she's suffering through the ear rings. :) She's a dear. When she was a kid she took the attitude of "What Mom doesn't know won't hurt her." For that matter she didn't care much about what I DID know! Ha! So, she's paying for her raising now and has to put up with me looking goofy, I guess. As long as she doesn't have to pay with her kids and only has to pay with her goofy old mom, maybe that'll be a good deal for her.

    Sidney got to move to a regular room from ICU today, so that's great news! That ICU experience is especially hard on parents and family! God is so good; He knows what we can take and gives us strength.

    Thanks for writing; it's so good to hear from you and Tom.

    Love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Dana, I know you would take my "ouch" days! You are such a dear! I think they are part of my 'training,' though. I'll survive these "ouch" days. They give me strength to take what is in the future for me. It's not anything lots of people haven't survived, so I intend to be one of them. I don't need to wimp out when it first gets tough!

    Thanks for being here all the time in heart and spirit. You know, I count on that knowledge. It matters so much because I know it's not just you; you bring with you a team of Itazuke support and I love it.

    I love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete