Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Annual ironing experience.


Today has been mostly a rest day for me. Well, except Don shopped for groceries, so I’ve got to wash the greens and patty the burgers for the freezer. I’ll do that as soon as I finish this. Then I can get my bath before supper and be ready to watch the finale of Dancing with the Stars tonight. I’ve been so hooked on that show this time. I’ve voted for Helio and Julieanne. I think they are the BEST. However if Marie or Mel win I’ll be pleased, too. They’ve all done very well. Mel is a better dancer than Marie, but Marie is fun and she certainly has an awesome fan base; she just could pull enough votes.

The first picture on the blog today is me with Elena’s pictures and the flowers that are blooming from the last stalks I cut. God is so good to give me fresh flowers for so long! It’s nearly December and I’m still enjoying flowers from the yard! PTL!

The other picture is my little dog, Treasure, (remember, he’s a battery operated dog, so I like him a lot) with the Christmas tablecloth and my Christmas ‘arrangement.’ That will be most of the decorating that I do for Christmas. I do have a few special Santa’s that I’ll break out and a special rug for the entryway. I was ironing that tablecloth when Don came back in from getting groceries and mail. He nearly passed out; he said, “What is THAT?” It’s my annual ironing experience. Normally, if it has to be ironed it has to move in with someone else. You can tell I was really feeling good if I IRONED!

God is great; I thank Him for taking care of us. His gifts are awesome!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jo,
    Don't know if you remember me but I worked with you at the Crows Nest a few years ago. Ruth and Phil sent your site to my parents and I thought I would see how you have been.
    It looks like you still have your since of humor. I was actually in Bed Bath and Beyond on Thursday and seen a similiar version of your back thing you used to have and thought about you.

    Regina Beasley Copeland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regina, of course I remember you! I'm so glad you checked on my site. It's wonderful to hear from you.

    I hope your dad does well with chemo. It's not so bad; more an interuption to life than a terrible thing. My doctor gave me wonderful advise I hope you'll pass on to your dad: "You have cancer, but your life is not cancer. We can treat the cancer, you go ahead and live your life." I hope your dad will do that!

    I say, who needs hair? Actually, after 4 months without any I look forward to having a little, again! I've had very few other side effects and nothing that I can't live with. The fatigue is the worst. They have meds that help the nausea a bunch.

    I wish you all the best. Please stay in touch! Thanks so much for writing!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful news from you Mary Jo! Later today I will enjoy hearing about your celebration at the diner. It is too chilly in Paris for me to walk with Jim this morning, but he walks our Lab Josey no matter what kind of weather. I go to an aerobics class at our church three days a week. A few months ago I couldn't raise my left arm, but now I can do most of what the young mother's do. Just being in the class really inspires me to stay fit. Your comment to Regina about what your doctor said about having cancer but living your life really is the best advice I've heard. I plan to keep that close to my heart. Your blog continues to be one of the many blessings in my life. And, yes, I will wear red on Fridays! I just love seeing pictures of your beautiful family.Love,Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann, it's so good to hear from you and really glad that the aerobics are working well for you! Keep up the great work!

    Thank you for saying such nice things about the blog. Sometimes I wonder how much I should tell people. I don't want to freak them out, but I want to be honest. I am very positive about the way things are going, but there are bumps in the road. If they ever have to travel this road I want them to be prepared for the bumps.

    Thanks for appreciating my family, too. They are so important to me and I treasure them. I can't help but show them off and it sure helps me to have some nice pictures for the blog, too.

    You keep up those exercises and by all means remember what my good doctor said. I'm keeping it close to my heart, too! I'm keeping you and Jim close to my heart, too, and look forward to when we can get together next in Houston.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete