Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksliving every day!



I borrowed today’s title from a friend who writes a good lesson every week. I like the concept of Thanksliving. It means to me to be thankful every day that we live and that’s easy for me. It would be hard to limit giving thanks to one day a year or even to a season or even to meal times. I love being thankful all the time.

In case any of you were concerned about our meal today; don’t be! We had plenty. I even dug out a table cloth AND place mats for our dinner. I hope none of my home economics teachers are looking at how we set the table. I really know how to do it right, but Don is left handed, so he sets it like it works for him. I am thankful that he’ll help me set it! It looks pretty scant, but it was PLENTY for us. I packaged up dressing for 4 more meals besides what I saved for supper tonight; they went back into the freezer. I have gobs of turkey and two more pans of dressing in the freezer. I expect we’ll bake one of those pans of dressing on Christmas day to make the house smell good, again. Actually, I had made a pink salad but Don won’t eat it and I knew I couldn’t eat it with all the rest we had. I’ll have it for snacks, I guess. We enjoyed a meal with a tablecloth and we borrowed ‘Elena’s flowers.

Oh, I must tell you. Garrett called to visit with me today and Elena was in the background crying. I asked him why she was crying and he said, “Oh, Mom walked past her and didn’t pick her up; she always pitches a fit when anyone does that.” I said, “Oh; well, I guess she’s just not a ‘magazine girl, huh?’” He said, “Yeah, I think she’s a magazine girl!” I said, “Well, you were a ‘magazine boy,’ but you didn’t hardly ever cry.” He said, “Well, except for the crying, she’s a ‘magazine girl.’” See? He’s still a ‘magazine boy!’ He thinks so positively about everything. I had to agree with him, that he probably didn’t cry because someone always picked him up before he did! It’s pretty sweet of a 10-year-old boy to be that proud of a baby sister who came along, interrupting his only child world! I give thanks that he thinks she’s a ‘magazine girl.’

The other pictures on the blog are of Davy (in the OSU shirt) and Bruce (who we follow all over to watch play baseball, football and basketball). They came by for a surprise visit yesterday. How cool is that hat? They were smart to keep a tight hand on it; I had my eye on it! I’m so into hats these days; but more into hair. Two more treatments and I’m going to be growing hair and pleased to do it!

Give God the glory . . .”For thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory.” It’s all His and He lets us use it and enjoy it. PTL!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo and Don! Happy Thanksgiving! Davy and Bruce are so handsome. Is Davy Don's son? Bruce looks like a clone of Davy who should have carried Bruce nine months! I love getting to meet and see your world through this blog. Have a good one, love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much Bruce looks like his daddy. He really does favor his mom, too, but he even walks like his dad. I got a real hoot out of you saying Davy should have carried Bruce for 9 months; what a concept. They sure look like two peas out of a pod. Yes, Davy is certainly Don's son; he's a lot like his dad, too. He's not the one liner, pun, jokester, but he's a jokester in his own way and he's very kind, gentle and loving like Don is.

    Just ask eithr Don or I; we have only gorgeous grandkids. Ha! We both love this picture of Bruce in his dad's hat!

    Davy and Susan are the ones who left for home on the flight you took into Kona. They were there when we had those Kona winds and the tree broke. I don't know what we would have done without Davy's help with the tree and their help in picking up all the grapefruit!

    Love you and Tom, too!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete