Monday, November 19, 2007

Flunked the blood tests.


Today I had my blood drawn for the tests. My numbers were all low. ICK. Of course it’s not unusual for them to be low at this point in the treatment. The chemo knocks my immunity down; that’s normal. I only hope that my body will be able to build back by next Monday. I called the doctor’s office and got them to fax orders here for me to have my blood drawn again next Monday before I go to Lawton for treatment. I can be at the hospital here at 8 and have the test results within 15 minutes. If the numbers are up then we can be in Lawton in time for my 9:45 appointment. If they aren’t up enough, then at least we won’t have to drive an hour there to find out that I can’t do the treatment. I have to remind myself that God’s timing is the best. He is in charge of all my care, so He’ll have it like He wants it and I’m good with that.

We didn’t take pictures today because everything here is the same. I’m snuggling under my special quilt! I’m resting all I can and eating right. It’s all I can do.

I put pictures on the blog of our little dolly Elena. The first one is her playing with a prize that I’m sure her mommy let her have in hopes she’d get a good picture. Every picture is a good one. The other picture is Elena with her Daddy. She is like him right down to her ears! I think it is such a sweet picture. I see Gretta in her sometimes, but she is so much like her Daddy, it’s unbelievable.

I keep forgetting to tell those of you who bought chances on the quilt that none of us won it. A lady from Roosevelt (about 14 miles south of here) won it. Thanks to all of you who participated. It was fun to have some chances and dream about it.

I thank God for being in charge. I thank Him for our dollies and their sweet dads. We are so blessed. I thank Him for all our families and friends. Your support means so much; I love you!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the birthday wishes and posting my little "cupie doll" on the blog. Everywhere I go people call him a cupie doll and after seeing one, HE DOES LOOK LIKE ONE! lol I guess mom and dad finally picked out some pics to send to you. They took soooo many and kept saying how hard it was going to be to pick some out. He gets where he hams it up in front of the camera (much like Phillip used to). I'm sorry to hear about your numbers, but like you said, God's timing is best. John and I know that all too well...look at Blake!! Who would have thought?? What a wonderful blessing he has been to us all. Hang in there and know that we love you very, very much!

    Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deanna,

    He absolutely DOES look like a cupie doll! I was so thrilled to get some pictures and couldn't resist putting him on the blog.

    God's timing is so awesome! Yes you and John are proof of that. No kidding what would we do without these 'late' babies??? God knows best! PTL!

    Thanks for the TG wishes! I've got our dinner all ready to bake and smell up the house. It'll be fun, even if it is just the two of us.

    You have a great TG, too. On top of your list of thanks have your awesome husband and then those great 3 sons! What blessings!

    Love you,

    Aunt Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, thanks for the 'updates and pictures! When I first saw Blake and just his forehead and eyes, I thought Oh those eyes and was surprised as I scrolled on dow to see it was Blake. Now he really is a 'cupid doll. He looks just like his Granddaddy, Phil to me! Do you think Phil will object me saying he looks like a Cupid Doll? ha Oh what an awesome family you all are!! I do so admire your attitude and Jane would say, Atta Girl, Jo. She is a firm believer in thinking the same way you do and what a Blessing she is to us. She came home yesterday and has brightened our lives just by being here and trying to teach us to be Positive in our thinking. We are planning our Thanksgiving day menue. It will be fun to cook with her helping. As you say, the aroma of turkey and dressing is so delicious. I was sorry to hear about your numbers being low but do feel positive that they will be up next visit. It sure is a rainy day and a beautiful one. They are all Beautiful. Have a Great Thanksgiving and I know you will. As our Friend always signs off: BE OF GOOD CHEER! I like that.
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot, Frazier and Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dot, Frazier and Jane! Thanks so much for keeping in touch. I'm so glad that Jane is there to enjoy Thanksgiving and every day with you! I know it's so much more fun to enjoy a celebration with someone there. I'm glad she's there to enjoy and share the cooking with you.

    You all have a great time. I love the Be of Good Cheer toast!

    You all be blessed and enjoy; love,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete