Thursday, November 15, 2007

Great first day home!


Today was a really good day! I’ve felt pretty good and never got a nap! I did lie down for a couple of hours this afternoon, but I just read and didn’t sleep; it was good rest and I got up feeling refreshed. I was freezing, so it was a good time to let the rice buddies warm me.

I had two guests come today. The first one was Diana Clark. She came bringing a lap quilt she made and her quilting club helped her to quilt. These are all ladies I know, so this is really a special quilt. Diana put a sweet note on the back; probably it’s my favorite part. It says: “To my brave friend Jo. A little quilt to keep you warm during your recovery. Love, Diana 2007” How cool is that? The quilt is so pretty. The pictures on the front of the quilt are a bunch of ladies in hats and scarves! Her husband, Bob (We went to school together in Japan and he is one of my bald buddies.), thought maybe she shouldn’t give it to me because it would bring back memories of a bad time. Not at all! I love this quilt and it will always remind me of the great support I’ve had during this time. This time is not a bad time; it’s a challenging time, but it’s so rewarding and I love all the love that’s being shown to me. This quilt is the perfect emblem of this time and all the great support I’m getting. It doesn’t have the guy support on it, but it’ll represent the guys to me, too. It just says support in a real special way. The quilting pattern is hearts, so that’s where the guys come in; all the guys in my life have huge hearts! Just ask their women!

The pictures on the blog tonight are of the quilt and some of the flowers from yesterday that were mostly buds. The other vase has in it the BLACK irises that Joan brought over this morning. We had a freeze here last night and she had these black irises that survived. She can’t tolerate their fragrance, so she brought them to me. I LOVE them! They aren’t really black, but so nearly. There is some real deep purple on it, but it’s nearly black. It’s so gorgeous!

I thank God for the beautiful flowers and for the wonderful friends. I’m so glad I felt like enjoying all this and I thank God for that, too! What a blessed time this is in my life; please be happy with me and join me in thanking God for all the blessings in our lives.

4 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    The quilt is really fantastic..I'm thinking she had to special order that fabric also. Wonderful, thoughtful thing you did Diana.
    Your irises are more beautiful then ever. I think they made a special show just for you. The black is outstanding. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Jo,

    Glad I am back after losing your address!! Thank you for the email. Jane is now through with her radiation and will now have to take the hormone pills for five years. Also a checkup every 3 months.

    Love ya,

    Gene (64)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, you would love this quilt. It has all these fun women on there enjoying this time in their lives. I so love it! The closer I inspect it the more I love it. Many of the blocks have titles; like one is titled "Distration" and it has a lady with a HUGE hat and 3 purses. It reminds me of my 3 or 4 hats. Diana is such a doll to make it for me!

    I did a macro picture of the 'black' iris today. It shows the purple more; I'm glad you taught me to use the macro part of my cameral a little bit.

    Love you!

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Gene! Jane is doing great! I'll be so glad when I can celebrate being through with the radiation. Shoot; I'll be glad when I can celebrate being through the chemo!

    Thanks for writing; I've missed you!

    Love,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete