Friday, November 9, 2007

A precious link and a great update on Sidney!




My friend, La Moyne, who knows someone everywhere I go sent me this today. It is so precious. If you believe in God you'll sure want to listen to this. Gretta you've got to go there; If I didn't know better I'd think this was Garrett; he sounds just like this boy. I started to send this out to the folks I thought would like it and decided it would be better to put it on the blog.

A remarkable phone call from a 12-yr old boy to Houston radio station KSBJ FM 89.3. So profound, the station has it posted on their website. Click on the link below. It's short, and so worth it.

http://www.ksbj.org/eblogs/morningShow/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/logan-calf-story.mp3

Today has been a better day for me. I’ve been incredibly tired, but I’m almost ready to go to Houston on Sunday. Tomorrow I’ll do the last minute things. All I have to do on Sunday is rest in the car; poor Don has to drive. We’ll have Monday to rest. Then on Tuesday I’ll see the radiology oncologist; the surgeon and the regular oncologist. Plus I’ll have another ultrasound and blood work done. The plan for the rest of the adventure should take some real shape on Tuesday. I’ll keep you posted as soon as I know anything

I napped off and on all day today. Between each chore I’d lay down. It’s how it has to be until I can gather some energy. I’ll gather it when God is ready for me to have it; right now He means for me to rest, I think.

The pictures on the blog today aren’t very exciting. You know I’m in dire need for picture material when I put on my scrappy old feet and fingers. I’ve cut my toe nails as short as I can get them to keep them from bumping on stuff which hurts and I fear that I’ll pull off the nails. My fingernails are cut to the quick, but they look long. If I cut them any shorter they’ll bleed. I guess my quicks are right on the end of my fingers. I saw these pictures today and realized I need to lotion these feet. I haven’t done that because that makes my feet so slippery and I’m afraid I’ll fall since they are so numb; slippery is the last thing I need. I did lotion them good tonight after my bath, though. Surely they’ll look better for the next picture. (Do you know how hard it is to take a picture with my left hand?)

Oh! There is a great update on our friend’s grandson, Sidney. Those of you who follow this blog closely know that Sidney had a 4-wheeler accident on September 26th and was flown into Oklahoma City, not expected to live. God heard our prayers and Sidney healed miraculously. This week he was able to go back to school! This is 6 weeks later and he is doing so well. He still has some swelling on the brain, but they say it will take some time for it to completely go away. His vision has cleared. He has lost his sense of smell, but he can live with that if it never returns. He leaves school about 10 minutes before the bell rings so that he’s exposed to any rough housing. What a blessing! Thank you so much for your prayers. God is so good!

Don’t we KNOW that God is good! How blessed are we to have such a wonderful Father. Our niece, Peggy would say, “Make a good weekend.” I agree with her; it’s up to us to make it happen, so let’s do it and give thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment