Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"Don't do this at home."

There is a picture on the blog today, but you’ve got to have a good humor to go there. If you don’t have a good humor, don’t go any farther. Just know that I love you for looking and caring and God bless! Now close your browser.

If you’re really brave see the rest of today’s report and then you’ll see the picture at the bottom. I was goofing off last night and had Don take a picture of me in a ribbon like Elena. It worked so well for her, but if you’re brave enough to look all the way at the bottom, you’ll see that it doesn’t work for ‘baby grammies!’ I couldn’t stick all four of my fingers in my mouth like she did; I’ve got way more teeth than she does! Plus, she didn’t think it was funny, but I couldn’t keep a straight face. “Don’t try this at home!”

Today was our last warm day for a while. Tonight it won’t freeze, but it will turn cool and not warm up for several days. Tomorrow I’ll go outside and cut all the stalks on my irises and see if the buds will open in the warmth of the house.

Don and I went out and sat on the back deck for one last time this year; likely it won’t be warm enough to sit outside again before we come home in the spring. It was sure nice.

I’ve felt good today. It’s hard to believe my numbers are so bad; maybe they’re working their way back to good. I hope so. I went out to the deck to trim my toenails; I hate them flying all over the place in the house! It really looks like I’m going to lose the two big toenails and maybe 3 fingernails on each hand. I’ve never lost a nail before, but these just don’t look ‘right.’ They are very discolored and thick; they look like they are rising up off my fingers and toes. That’s weird to me, but it’s a learning experience. I keep saying, “Things could be so much worse!” I’m happy that we have had this many warm days, even if I was freezing most of the time.

Thanksgiving is really close. If you are traveling, be safe. I pray that your families will be safe if they are coming to you. Regardless, enjoy every moment of every day and count the blessings as you go.

4 comments:

  1. OK, you're right - that's a kinda scary picture, but way fun! You are so fun to try it and post it on the blog! I'm so lucky to have you for my mom!

    Boy, did it get cold quick or what? Sadie and I left to go shopping and it was warm when we got in the car and cold when we got out!

    The kids are bummed we won't get to see you for Thanksgiving. They understand, though and we will have fun at Rosie's house.

    Going round and round with the computers. You'd think that technology would be so advanced that switching from one to another would be easy. Nope!! Apparently my old one is so old nothing is easy. Kinda like the furnace! I guess it's not always a good thing to keep some stuff so long that nobody knows how to work them anymore. I've had great fun learning to work with old sewing machines. Old furnaces and computers are just way out of my league! Hopefully my friendly neighborhood computer geek can come bail me out.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trish,

    It was fun to try it, but I had to put the soft focus on it or it would have been way to scary! It was too cute for Elena, but just doesn't work on old grammies!

    Yes that cold front came right on in! I hope I can get out and get my last iris stalks in time to save a few last blooms. I have some from the last harvesting, but I hate to lose any!

    I'm thinking of the year that we came to TG with you all at Rosie's. That was sure fun. I know you all will have a great time. We'll miss you, but we'll enjoy TG here; we're getting real good at this being 'alone together.' We sure look forward to the 'crowd' being together again!

    Good luck with the Geek; he'll fix you right up and then you'll be sailing right through cyber space! I sure hope it will work like that! HA!

    Love and miss you all,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually that picture looks good considering all you're going through - your skin is smooth and your smile is beautiful. I've been thinking of all the Thanksgiving fun in that house and have pictures to remember the precious people who celebrated there.

    Gregg & Steph flew to Iowa last Sunday and won't be back until next Sunday. They will celebrate with all of her mom's family and then Steph is in a friend's wedding on Sat.

    We are going to Brett and Heather's. Everyone (24 of us) signed up for what to bring. She doesn't usually cook but has been agonizing over the turkey who she has even named. Everything will be perfectly decorated and it will take a shoe horn to get us all in but it will be a good time. I feel like I'm getting off easy.

    I am remembering to thank God for how well you are doing and for how much you inspire us all with your wonderful, thankful attitude.

    Trish and Gretta and all your kids who read your blog - may God richly bless your precious families at this time. Thanksgiving was always our time to be all together and we would love to see you all!

    Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    Love,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Doris!

    Yes, we will miss the throbbing that this house used to do on Thanksgiving! It'll be awfully quiet here tomorrow, but we'll enjoy it, anyway and enjoy the memories of those good times we had every year! We think of it often and enjoy the memories this house holds.

    Thanks for finding something nice to say about my scary picture. I used the soft focus to cover the flaws in my skin! HA!

    You all have a great time at Brett and Heather's tomorrow. I know she is going to love having everyone there. Luke will be the hit of the day.

    We got a card from them today with two sharp pictures of Luke. We'll be giving thanks for him and all of you and the fun it's been to get to know him.

    Love and miss you all,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete