Monday, November 26, 2007

FAC#3 delayed, but here's Gabe and his deer!



This morning was no fun. I went to have my blood tested and it wasn’t ‘rich’ enough to do chemo, so we came home, disappointed. I spent until 3 this afternoon working on the phone with MD Anderson and the doctor’s office in Lawton and the hospital in Lawton - working to get the details in order for the next chemo treatment and the last one. By not having the chemo treatment today, that threw the last treatment onto either Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve, which complicates the plan because, the doctor’s office and the hospital aren’t open for my chemo treatments on those days. That throws my last treatment to Jan. 7, which throws my surgery to sometime in February. That’s okay. It’s all okay; it’s God’s timing in my book because He could make my blood rich if He liked the schedule we had. So, I’m on the books for chemo next Monday. Then I won’t have another one until Jan. 7 and THAT should be the end of chemo for me. So that’s the report for today. I know we were all praying that my numbers would be good, but God doesn’t always say, “Yes.” Sometimes He says, “No.” Sometimes He says, “Wait.” I was disappointed this morning, but I remember that He is in charge and His plan is best. I’m good with it.

Now, the fun part of today: the picture of Gabe with his deer came! It’s on the blog and we are so happy for him. Look how proud he looks. He got that deer from 278 yards! He was using a scope, but that’s still nearly 3 football fields away! We are so impressed!

The other pictures on the blog are me before we left to have my blood tested this morning. I was all ready with my neck and head warmer! You might see my little dog between my legs, too. He’s my Treasure, names such because he’s the kind of dog I like: he’s stuffed and has a battery that makes him move and bark. I keep his button turned to OFF! We get along just great and he’s never bitten me. Sometime I’ll take a better picture of him for the blog.

Thanks to God for being in charge!

No comments:

Post a Comment