Thursday, November 1, 2007



Today was another good day for me. I slept until 9. That’s a really good way for me to start the day. It’s kind of pitiful to come into the kitchen and see Don’s empty cereal bowl sitting there at the sink. I hate that he has to eat so simply and then eat alone, too! He’s so good; he lets me get away with it, though. I really do think it’s a good way to start the day. I didn’t get a nap at all today. I did lay down for one, but I just rested. That tells me I didn’t need sleep; I had plenty last night.

Today my housekeeping angel called again because her daughter was sick again and she couldn’t come. That’s really okay. Most of the house hasn’t been touched since she was here the last time, so we’ll do fine until she can come. I’m still celebrating because I don’t have to do the cleaning!

The pictures on the blog are the ones I meant to use last night. Finally, I could get them on today. They are really ugly, but it’s how it is. It’s just as well that I can’t go anywhere because I can’t wear shoes with toes and it’s too cold to go out without them. My fingernails look awful. They say it’s best not to polish them, so I’m just looking awful. It’s not anything so terrible. Nobody would really notice my fingernails; it’s just that they look awful to me. I notice it because they hurt and I keep looking to see if there’s a reason for the pain. I share it with you all so that you won’t be ignorant. This is what happens to chemo SOME chemo patients. I’m a lucky one. These are really the only side effects I’ve had (well, and the loss of my hair and the battered immune system!); it could be so much worse, so I praise God and give profuse thanks!!!

Thank you for keeping up with us! Happy Birthday, Dot!

2 comments:

  1. Jo, as I have said time and again, You are AMAZING!! When I read last week about you didn't get your Chemo treatment and I knew how you would feel about that and that is exactly what you explained about it. A set back but you took it in stride and gave God the credit!! How Awesome! Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday card. I sure did enjoy it and so did Frazier. I told him that boquet of flowers looked just like your real ones with the purple iris. As busy a schedule as you have and you took time to do that and thanks for the Happy Birthday on the Blog. Ruthie and Phil came over and we were gone and she brought a darling and delicious birthday cake and card!! She is another AMAZING LADY AND SO IS PHIL!! Praying all will go well with you on Monday. God Bless and keep you in His care! Hi Don, you are an AMAZING MAN TOO!
    With Love and Prayers
    Dot and Frazier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Dot and Frazier, I missed this post for a while. I'm so glad you had a happy birthday; I hear it was one to copy!

    All did go well on this past Monday and I was disconnect from the pump yesterday, so I'm on the mend from this treatment, I hope. It's been rough, but there are only 2 more to go! Yippee!!

    You and Frazier know that we love you and keep you in our prayers!

    Always,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete