Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm free of the pump, yet again!


The last 24 hours has been hairy, but it could have been so much worse. I was so tired yesterday that I kept forgetting to take my anti-nausea medicine. So, the nausea kept getting ahead of me! DUH! Finally, I SET MY PHONE to remind me to take it. Today I felt better, but I was still so dragging. We had to go back to Lawton to have my pump disconnected this afternoon, so we did that without any problems. I’m still feeling so tired. I’m not sick, though! I think I’ve learned THAT lesson. To think some people are sick like this the whole time. I have so much for which to give thanks!

The first picture on the blog is the first picture that Don took this morning. I was putting my best face forward, but I really felt as low as I hardly ever get. Then Don went and got the mail and it was so full of surprises for me! A good friend sent me his own Natural Habitat hat that he says he doesn’t need. It is the very warmest hat that I have! Thanks so much, Vereal!!! Then in yet another package was a precious breast cancer bracelet with the words “Life, a reason for Hope!” written on the card. Isn’t that SO true? Thanks, La Moyne and Travis! So, I had to have Don take another picture with me modeling the new hat and bracelet. That’s the second picture on the blog today.

After I opened the gifts, I opened a precious card from the church in Springville, where we used to live and my sister, Ruthie and her husband Phil still live. I think the whole church signed the card and some wrote notes and even drew pictures. What a sweet and fun thing to receive! Thanks so much to all of you at the Springville Church of Christ!

So, I had the lift I needed to get me through the morning. Getting the pump disconnected was the lift I needed to get me through the afternoon. Tonight, I get to get into the tub and that’ll be my lift for the night. God is so good to us! Friends and family are so awesome and the gift of healing is some more of God’s abundance for me. I thank Him and thank you for caring about me.

2 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    I'm especially fond of this "lumberjack" persona you have taken on. I'm serious...you look really cute. The flowers are outstanding...and fact this is November just floors me. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, you are such a doll to always find something positive to say. My "lumberjack" persona is because that fleece shirt is so warm! It's not even cold here; Don walks in shorts and I'm wrapped up like a lumberjack! It's just how it is these days. I'll get back to real life next year, I hope, but for now this is real life.

    I'm glad you like the flowers! They keep me so boosted. I really love them. I'll share with you if you have room and want some. I'll have to divide them next spring. I'm sending some to Gretta and whoever else wants any as long as they last.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete