Sunday, November 4, 2007

Ready for FAC #2 if my blood count is good.

Today neither of us went to church. Even Don is avoiding crowds. It dawned on him that if he catches something his body can fight It, but I’ll be exposed to him and I don’t have anything to fight off any germs I might get from him. We figured we just have to make it until tomorrow for now and we’ll let the doctor advise us, then. So, he’s watched football and I did laundry today. I need to be ready in case they give me chemo tomorrow and I get sick. So, the laundry is done.

I got a good bath because if they put me on a pump it’ll be Thursday night before I can get into the tub again. It’s funny; they say bathe daily and then they tie me all up with a pump and tubes! I asked how I’m supposed to take a bath and they said: sponge baths. Oh, yeah, that! I’m sure that’s plenty since I can’t do anything to sweat and barely drag out of bed; how dirty could I be? A bath sure feels good, though.

The picture on the blog today is me with the rebloomers. I can’t get them to all bloom at the same time. God is stretching them out for me. I love having these flowers at this time of year! God is so good and the flowers are among the least of His delights for us! I thank him for the flowers you, just for starters!

6 comments:

  1. MaryJo,
    I made a comment about your grannie hats yesterday, but for some reason it didn't show up. Just some silly nonsense about being glad that you were NOT wearing them out in public. Have loved the fashion show.
    I love your rebloomers..I suspect you paid a pretty penny for them...or else some nice person passed them on to you. Very nice to have 2 bloomings a year. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Dana, Gretta will be so glad that I have a friend to help keep me in line. No way I'm wearing those hats in public. I'm safe; these days I don't go in public!

    I'm glad you like the rebloomers! I have a dear friend who shared them with me, so they didn't cost a penny. Shall I save some for you when I thin them?

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,

    Praying that all goes well with your counts tomorrow. Sorry that you haven't been feeling so good lately but you're still working all the time--take it easy. Take care and God bless.

    Ashley had her baby today--five for us now but I'll never be able to catch up with you. Aren't they wonderful--oh, an 8 lb 3 oz baby boy, Jonas Oliver Fox!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Little One!! Thanks so much for letting me know the good news that you were able to get your treatment today!! Prayers are answered again! I look forward each evening to the "fashion show" as well as the flower show!! I've received rebloomer Iris bulbs this week from nursery who "owed me" so that was my selection. However, when I ordered them I felt like planting, but sure don't now and wose yet haven't felt like selecting a spot for Phil to plant them!! So, I'll just enjoy pictures of yours!! You keep taking care of yourself this week...you must be doing a great job! Just hang in there and keep on passing your wonderful inspiration on to all of us!!

    Love you much!
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dona, CONGRATULATIONS on that new grandson! I know you've got a fun week ahead of you! Go enjoy him quickly because time gets away so quickly. Remember when we had precious babies and they are now all grown and having their own? Life is just a flicker! Enjoy, enjoy!

    I'm feeling tired, but better now that we're on our way through this 2nd FAC treatment! Woo Hoo!

    Love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Ruthie! I'm tired tonight, but I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow, I hope! If I'm tired, I'm staying in bed. They said rest helps a lot. They also think that the reason I needed 4 weeks to build back is because I had the first FAC so close (less than a week) after the last Taxol treatment and my body had so much to fight. We'll see how I do this time. They are having me check my blood each week between treatments so we'll have a clue how it's going. That's good.

    Let Phil plant those rebloomers anywhere and surprise you. He has a pretty good eye for design. It would be nice to plant them somewhere that you can see them from your back porch or back windows so that you can enjoy them. If he plants them out front he'll have to cut them and bring them in for you. How smart of you to take rebloomers when the nursery guy owed you! You'll be so glad!

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete