Friday, November 2, 2007

Granny Hoop Scoop and the rebloomers.


Today you know I’ve feeling better because I felt like trying on hats. I found a couple of ‘granny hoop scoop’ hats that are just too funny. No, Gretta, I’m not wearing them out anywhere! These are just for fun on the blog. They are gardening hats and I could have worn them out to cut my beautiful rebloomers today, but I didn’t. They’re too light! I needed my regular 4 hats, a scarf around my neck and a big huge coat. Then I was still freezing!

The first picture is one of me in one of the hats. I’ll put the other one on tomorrow, so you’ll have a chuckle for tomorrow. The second picture is one of one vase of flowers that I cut today. Most of the blooms aren’t open, but they’ll probably be open by tomorrow. I was afraid to leave them out there in case we get a frost. I don’t want them to go wasted! I’ll save the best one for tomorrow to go with the other ‘granny hoop scoop’ picture. It’s the one beside Elena’s pictures; she enjoys these flowers with me. J

I’m feeling so much better yesterday and today. Surely that means my numbers are up. I hope so! I even gave Don a haircut today and he looks good! Bless his heart; while I was cutting his hair he asked, “Do you want me to go get a haircut somewhere else; I mean do you feel like doing this?” Some days he’d just have to wait, but I mostly feel like an easy haircut. Now, if he wanted a flat top, he’d just have to go find someone who could live with the stress of it! We thought we should cut it while I felt like it. Next week I may be limp as an old dishrag after chemo. Then the next week we go to Houston, so we thought we should do it while we could. Cutting his hair is one thing, but then after I cut his hair I have to clean up the hair. That’s the hardest part!

God is good to provide energy and good friends who call but don’t come to see me. Even our card-playing friends understand that I just can’t do that these days. I sure miss it! Two people have called this week and offered to bring food, but I asked them to wait until I couldn’t manage sometime. We eat so simply. Don is VERY easy. I cook a couple of skillets of chicken ever couple of weeks and then put it in the freezer in separate portions. He eats a piece of chicken and a salad every day for lunch. Then every night he eats a hamburger. That’s way easy to make. We vary it a bit with barbeque and chicken from the deli or a sub from the Subway. He’s so easy to please. I eat a grilled cheese sandwich for lunch every day and a bunch of carrots and broccoli in the side. I put broccoli sprouts on the sandwich. I usually eat chili for supper (I fix that once in a while and put it in the freezer in small servings and then thaw it when I want it.). It works. I can’t eat as much anymore as I used to eat because I drink so much. 3 liters is a lot to drink. I thank God for a microwave, a freezer, and a sprouting kit, which Trish gave to me. Broccoli is supposed to be one of the best things for you and sprouts are supposed to be 10 times better for you than broccoli. If that’s true, we’re going to be in such great shape! God takes care of us; we have every intent of cooperating with Him!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo! As soon as I saw you in the Granny Gardening hat this morning I thought, "Uh Oh, wait till Gretta sees this one!!" Your girls are as precious as you. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I'm sure that your numbers will be up this Monday.
    One time Tom wanted me to cut his hair. (big mistake!) Well I got so nervous, first time using the clippers, and made a very noticable gap in the back of his head! So, I decided not to tell him. The next day was Sunday and here we go to church! No one said a thing. Then we picked up Miss Eunice! Oh yeah, she said, "Son, who cut your hair, there is a big gap in the back!" You would have died laughing at the look I got! That sure wasn't a laughing matter either! You and Don have a great day together! Love you with prayers, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LInda, that's hair cutting story is too good. I can just hear Miss Eunice saying that and I can only imagine the look you got! I'm sure we shouldn't be laughing, but we are! It's too good!

    We used to keep Don's hair in a buzz and in the summer I'd cut a 10 into the back of his head because 3 of our grandkids wore the number 10 for their ball teams. It was too funny the looks he'd get when we were anywhere besides a ballgame! Of course he was with me and my knee bands; so we're kind of known as that odd couple. It's a good thing I have to stay home with my neck scarf and numerous hats. At least he doesn't wear a 10 on the back of his head anymore.

    Love you guys and Miss Eunice, too,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete