Saturday, November 10, 2007

A marvelous day.



Today was wonderful because we drove to Weatherford and met Trish and Rob with our ‘junk around town van.’ Their van died last week and they had someone working on it, but then it blew a head gasket, so it’s really dead. We don’t need two cars when we are in Houston with one of them, or even when we are here, so we offered to let them use our Astro until they can make a better plan. We mostly use that Astro to get junk at yard sales and I’m not in the market for more junk, so it’s at a good place at their house. The best part is that we got to see Trish and Rob and 3 of the grandkids. The pictures on the blog are me holding Raynie, Grace, and then Gabe. There is a really pretty one of Rainie and Don, but I’ll put it on the blog tomorrow. We had to really work at getting her to smile, and then we couldn’t get the camera to snap quickly enough to get it. Grace can hold a smile, but Raynie just flashes them.

I haven’t been out in what seems like forever except to go to the doctor’s office, so it was fun for me to go somewhere. I came home and took a good nap. I’m just about ready to go to Houston tomorrow. I feel rejuvenated to have seen some of the kids. It’s amazing how big our garage is with only one van in it, too!

We thank God for a safe trip for all of us and for everyone being healthy so I could get hugs. My numbers should be okay for a few more days, too, so I should be pretty safe. God is good! It was good for Trish to drive the Astro. They had an Astro before we did and they got us hooked on ours. I think she wants to get another one, now; an Astro feels good. Too bad Chevy quit making them; they’ll have to find a good used one. God will provide; He never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment