Friday, November 16, 2007

God's colors.



Happy Friday! Today I’m celebrating God’s colors. I love colors. I know lots of places there are beautiful leaves at this time of year. We’ve seen some as we drive from here to Houston and home, but it’s nothing like back east. We have enough to enjoy, though. Then I have these awesome irises. Can you tell I love them? The first picture on the blog tonight is Elena’s 8-month picture. Gretta had them do it in black and white, but leave her blue eyes. We can’t get over her blue eyes. Those are God’s colors!

The second picture is the vase of irises from my yard. I’m so pleased to have them. They take my breath every time I look at them. These are more of God’s colors!

The third picture is what I’ve called the black iris, but you can see it is really a very deep purple. This is more of God’s colors.

I thank Him for colors. Black and white are beautiful, too. I thank Him for the ability to see the colors.

I thank Him for our precious grandbabies and their health and happiness. I haven’t seen Elena since she was a newborn, so I can hardly wait until they meet us in Branson in January. I thank God for digital cameras, computers and the Internet so that we can keep in touch with family and friends. Thank you for checking the blog and caring to keep up with us. God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo and Don! Your granddaughters are so beautiful with the prettiest eyes ever. I love the way Gretta did the ribbon on Elena. What a beautiful pose. I am so glad your treatment is progressing successfully. Thanks be to God. I love iris and to have them in the fall must be awesome. Is Don still good with is one-liners and play on words? Love you both, Linda R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Linda!

    It's so good to hear from you, again! Yes, Don is full of one-liners and plays on words; he keeps me in stitches. We are really enjoying our time together; neither of us can get out much because we're afraid to get a 'bug,' so we just hang out together. If we were in the Big Brother house with cameras watching our every move folks would think we were having a party instead of running a 'chemo house.' Granted, it's a pretty slow dragging 'party,' but we are laughing all the way.

    Thanks for admiring our beautiful granddaughters and their eyes; we sure are proud of them. Gretta has a touch for the 'added touch.'

    God is so good to give us such good results from the treatments; I couldn't ask for more and I sure give thanks!

    You all have a great holiday season; I know you will. Decorate for me; as you work hard at it just think that you're doing it for us, too. Ha! Enjoy!

    I love you,

    Jo

    ReplyDelete