Saturday, October 18, 2008

Be good to me day!

The picture tonight is one I made of Grace on Thursday. She is always the model! I love it that she’ll pose on demand! Grace is 5 (she’ll tell you that she’ll be 5 ½ in 8 more days)

We had the best time while they were here. We took the weekend off, after they left. I’ve washed towels today, but I’ll do the beds tomorrow afternoon. It’s fun taking it easy. Don has watched football most of the day and I’ve done odd jobs around here. I took a couple of hours to get some sun and have a leisurely bath, though. That was way nice!

This morning we made 3 yard sales and went to the Kozy Diner for breakfast. Tomorrow we plan to eat at the Mexican restaurant after church. It feels like things are sort of back to normal after reunions and company. We also walked this morning. This weather is so wonderful for walking. Probably Don won’t want to walk tomorrow, as he’ll be watching football. Maybe Debbie, who walked with me last week will want to join me again; if she doesn’t want to, I’m content to walk by myself.

Every day I shake my head in dismay at my ability to walk and do the exercises I do. It’s not like any of it is so difficult, but it feels good to be mobile. I can tell that it all makes a real difference with my arm; in fact I think it all makes me feel so much better than I would if I didn’t do it all. I thank God that I can do it. I thank Him for the amazing weather, too.

I should take a picture of my magnolia blooms! My magnolia thinks it is summer and is blooming! I’ve got the third bloom in the house and it smells so sweet! Tomorrow I should have more rebloomers open. I’ll have to get pictures of that to share.

4 comments:

  1. MaryJo....have you thought about listening to books on CD or AC or MP3 while you are walking? It sure changes the dynamics of the walk. Makes it more interesting. Unless, of course you are stopping to visit with all the townspeople on your trek. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, that's a great idea. I have thought of it, but have never done it. Usually Don is with me. He won't walk when it's cold, though, so this winter it will help me to plug along if I take some books with me as I go. I'd love that because I don't have as much time to read as I'd like and if I could do it while I walk I'd sure love it. Thanks! I do sometimes stop and visit, but I could take a break from the book, too during visits.

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be sure you don't actually buy them (yes I know you too well for that thought). Go to your library. free, free, free dana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, I hope our library has them. I've got to come up with the player, though. Ha! I'm in the dark ages electronically; but I'm getting there.

    Hugs,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete