Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fresh flowers keep me boosted.

This is going to be a quick post because I want to get done so I can watch the debate while I fold clothes. I’ve got the clothes in the works, so I only need to get the blog done.

I’m slowly catching up. I have lots of emails to answer, but I’ll work on that after the other things are done. I got all the t-shirts except one pair sent today. Whew. The last pair is ready to go out tomorrow. It feels good to have that done.

Oh! The flowers in the picture are what keep me inspired! Those flowers on the left our good friend, Joan, had for me the day we came home. She’s such a dear and has seen me light up over fresh flowers ever since we moved here 12 years ago. I think she loves giving them to me as much as I love having them. They are zinnias from her garden mixed with artemesia from my yard and my mother’s day ribbon from the arrangement Gretta sent. The anthuriums on the right are left from the World Botanical Gardens shareholder meeting that we attended in Vegas. They lasted the whole time we were in Vegas, plus made the trip home looking better than we did! I love them more and more every day. The vase in between is beautiful gift that Bob and Diana Clark brought to me from wherever they’ve been (Kazakhstan?); it’s shaped like a woman’s body and hand painted. Anyway, these are keeping my spirits high as I work through getting all the clutter cleaned up from where we came in from our trip. Thank you, God, for beautiful flowers to lift our spirits and for friends who will share them with each other! Tomorrow, I’ll post the picture of the single rose that I brought home from the table decorations at the reunion banquet. It’s gracing my bathroom mirror.

Oops! The debate is on and I really want to watch it!




No comments:

Post a Comment