Friday, October 3, 2008

Here’s the rose I brought from the reunion. I can’t believe it made the trip and still looks so good. Theresa Lipschitz (the youngest person at our reunion, I think) won the decoration from our table, but she was flying and couldn't take it with her. She told me I could take it, but after giving it some thought I doubted that it would make it home safely for that long drive, plus we are gone so much it would meet it’s death soon, anyway. So, Jerrii Swafford was happy to take the bamboo plant home with her, but she gave me the rose to take. I put the rose in with the anthuriums and they all made it just fine. It says something about love; it’s tough and it lasts! A single rose stands for true love; did you know that? Anyway, thanks to Janet for the beautiful decorations, too, and to Theresa and Jerrii for sharing. I’m enjoying the rose as it hangs on my bathroom mirror. Thanks to Dana for showing me how to take close up pictures!

I’m getting things done, but I’m still not up to speed. Don and I were walking around the darn (Terri said we aren’t supposed to say Hoover Dam; it’s the Hoover Darn ) today and he asked me why I didn’t wear a red shirt. YIKES! I felt like I was walking with NO shirt! I didn’t even realize it was Friday. As soon as I got home I put on my red shirt. I hate when I don’t even know what day it is; it usually doesn’t matter, but I really want to wear red on Fridays to support the troops.

It has been so good to be home. It was a great trip, but home is always so sweet! Soon I’ll have it all in order and start packing again for our trip to Houston toward the end of the month. I have to check in with MD Anderson on the 28th so that they can tell me that I’m doing as well as I feel. I sure thank God for my recovery and that I feel so good. It feels so good to walk every day. The exercises I do make me feel like I have to climb a mountain every day, but I’m so pleased to be able to do them. They always make me think of my mom, too, because she did so many of the same ones. I always thought of her lots, but I really feel like I’m walking in her shoes these days. She would have loved it to have this hair. I’m glad she didn’t have to have chemo, but she would sure have loved hair like this, I think. I thank God for every moment we had with our mom and dad; they were special and gave us great memories and preparation for life.


No comments:

Post a Comment