Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oops! No water tonight!

This is a picture of Mason (8) and Grace (5), playing on the little merry go round at the park last Thursday. It was a warmer day than it was today! It was so fun to have them here. I’m so grateful for the digital camera so I could get lots of pictures to capture the memories of a quick visit..

Speaking of thanks! I got the printer working! I am really thankful for that; what a relief! I went to Wal-Mart to buy a new printer because a printer is usually cheaper than a cartridge. (I kept getting a message that the cartridge wasn’t right; well I’d refilled it about a dozen times and I think the printer caught onto me.) They didn’t have just a plain old printer; all they had were photo printers or color printers where I had to buy a black ink cartridge anyway. I thought if I was going to buy a cartridge I’d buy one for my printer. They had one for only $14.50, so I threw $14.50 at it. It still didn’t work until I uninstalled the printer and installed it back about 3 times. The last time seemed to do the trick. Man, this stuff is a test for patience. I thank God that I had enough patience and $14.50 to get it to working. I really need to print some things for us to get our taxes ready before we go to Branson for the winter. We won’t be able to do it all, but we can be mostly ready. Now, I really need to get the scanner working, but maybe I can get by without it.

I’ve gotten both computers working pretty well and the printer working, so I feel a big relief! I’m changing our sheets tomorrow and the cleaning lady is coming Friday. I’ve got banana pudding made and some mixed nuts for cards Friday night. I’m all set and it feels good. I also got a big batch of chili made and a pot of pinto beans. I feel secure to have some food stashed in the freezer.

Uh oh. We don’t have any WATER, though! On our way home from church we noticed a huge water leak and a team working on it. We had a few drips of water and now nothing but air. I hope we have water by morning! I thank God that there is a team working to get our water problem fixed!

I walked by myself today and it made me feel 8 feet tall because the wind was blowing at 35 mph. Don wouldn’t go, so I felt really big for my britches to go brave the wind by myself. I thank God that we live in an area where I can walk close to home and even bad weather isn’t that bad. Oh, man! You should see the windmill weeds (commonly called tickle weeds) that those winds blew up today! There is a huge mass at our back door that is about the size of our kitchen (maybe 14 x 17 feet) and up to my shoulder! There is another one on our deck about half that size. I had pictures of it on the blog last year; I’ll take more tomorrow. It’s wild! There’s no point in cleaning it up until the wind quits blowing; maybe it will switch directions and blow somewhere else!


2 comments:

  1. Hey Jo! You were talking about getting ready for your card party... I thought the mixed nuts "walked" in your front door!!! Tee hee! Just a little humor very early in the morning. Have a great day, love you, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. You fit right in, here; you've really got the picture! Thanks for an early morning smile. I've been chuckling over it all day.

    Love you,

    Jo

    PS: Tina Piatt Fields wrote today; how good to hear from her!

    ReplyDelete