Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The picture tonight is me with a close group at the reunion. Actually none of these girls were at Itazuke when I was, but I’ve grown so close to them at the reunions! It feels like we were all there together. I am grateful for the reunions to give us the opportunity to ‘extend’ our stay at Itazuke! When we were kids our dads could sometimes extend our stays, but now WE get to do the extending by going to the reunions and sometimes even getting together between reunions. Beside me is the Dana who has faithfully held my hand through this breast cancer journey; you’ve seen many posts from her. In the middle is Terri, my ‘baby sister’; we adopted each other through the reunions and we’re nearly joined at the hip when it boils right down to just about everything. In the bright yellow is Marti, who blew us all away at the reunion. She sang and she can really belt it out. She has not only an awesome voice, but she is a true entertainer. I wish I were connected; she’d be the next American idol. She’s the current Itazuke Idol for sure. I fully expect she will be the entertainment at the next reunion! On the far right is Debbie, who is Dana’s sister. We all have so much fun together. This is not all of us, but this is a bunch we could get together, standing still for a moment. I thank God for these and all our friends.

Today I’m still unpacking and putting things in their place. It seems to take forever to get put back together after we travel. I’m running behind on exercises; so I’ve got to run finish those right quick. We’re amazed at how cool it got while we were gone. We don’t have to get up at dark to walk, now! In fact I slept until 9 this morning. That’s 7 Vegas time; I guess I haven’t adjusted to the time change, yet. I haven’t been so tired today as I was yesterday, though, so I’m going in the right direction.

I thank God that Dorothy and David are doing very well and both are getting stronger and stronger. Dorothy doesn’t even have to wear her splint on her arm, now. She’s doing physical therapy and getting stronger all the time.

My lymphedema did very well while we were gone. We measured my arm when we got home and it was smaller than when we left. That’s really good with all the time we were on the road. The exercises help, so I’d better get off and go get them done. Thank you, God for giving me a plan for recovery and for watching over us as we traveled.

4 comments:

  1. OOOOoooooo, see how cute that little girl in the blue is. Maryjo looks fantastic...mascara and all. I don't think she is too sure that she likes her long hair..but it looks great on her. What a wonderful job she did running the show (she will deny this..but she did)
    Maryjo is the first person that "talked" me into going to one of these reunions and I have never regretted a second of it.
    Thank you for all you have done to enrich my life..I will be forever grateful. dana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, Dana! You are too much! I did not run the show! I only supported it.

    I'm so glad I talked you into coming to the reunions! Knowing you surely has enriched my life! Thanks so much for being such a strong support for me.

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mary Jo - Dana forwarded me your site and I saw the picture posted. I want to tell you I had such a great time at the reunion and like I said in an email I feel I've grown so close to many people I didn't even go to school with in Japan. I had a great time and finally have been able to send all the pictures that I took at the reunion. I believe my email was out first and then came the pictures. I hope all will enjoy them. I'm not really very good at expressing myself but Mary Jo you are such a joy to be around and have such a big heart. You've made me feel so good at the reunions and every time I go I get to meet and enjoy more and more people. I'm still not great on all the names yet but I'll get there. We all had such a great time and surely the ones who didn't make it missed a wonderful thing. Take care and keep in touch. Hope you liked the pictues I finally sent out.
    Love ya
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Marti! It's so wonderful to hear from you. You are the perfect example of why we all love the reunions. We weren't there at the same time, but we can continue our rich experience by coming to the reunions and getting to know and love even more great people. You certainly spice up my life! I've so loved getting to know you better and better at the last few reunions. The folks who didn't come to Vegas missed your singing and THAT was something unreal! Girl, you will become famous at our reunions! What joy you've brought to us from personality to singing. Thank you so much for all that. Thank you for this post, too!

    I got the pictures and love them. Let's stay in touch!

    Love you,

    Mary Jo

    ReplyDelete