Monday, October 13, 2008

Ever raising cane!


Here I am raising cane, still. Walk, walk, walk, and shake that cane! I got in almost 40 minutes walking today before the rain sent us home. I got in some extra yesterday, though, so I’m calling it good.

Today has been hairy. I’ve been on the phone all day working to get our timeshare time all in line. What a job! Some use points (that means COUNTING!) and some use weeks; it’s hard for me to switch back and forth between the two and make the calendar fit. It’s exciting, though, to think about being in Branson! I’m so ready to go back to Branson; it‘s like home away from home for us. We haven’t gotten to spend several weeks there for the last couple of years, so I’m ready to go back and do that. I’ll have some more fine tuning to do on the schedule tomorrow, but it looks like it’s falling into place. I hope our travel buddies will have some time to get away with us some this winter.

We were out of frozen (cooked) chicken, so today I cooked chicken and froze it. I was out of cooked and frozen pintos, so I cooked and froze pintos today. Tomorrow we’ll shop for groceries and we’ll be in good shape for food for a while. It turned cool here with the rain, so it’s time to make some chili. That’ll be good for a change. I washed and folded two loads of clothes, too, so I’ve been busy!

Trish and some of the kids are coming this weekend, I think. I think maybe only the girls will come. Mason has a couple of soccer games; Gabe has a babysitting job; and Nate has to work (he’s working at a restaurant and we’re so proud that he’s saving his money), so Rob is staying home with the guys and Trish is bringing the girls. That’ll be a different sort of visit. I’m thrilled the girls are coming, but I’m heart broken that the guys won’t be here. I guess we’ll do all girl stuff. I knew this day would come when the kids would be too busy to come, but I hate that part. I’m glad they have full lives, though, and life is unfolding as it should for all of us. We’ll get good pictures. Raynie hasn’t had a chance to be here much, so it’ll be her chance to learn to recognize and control Grammy and Poppy’s house like she does at home.

I thank God that we can get back to life as we know it after beginning this breast cancer journey. My dear friend here lost her sister-in-law to breast cancer this morning. She started with it at about the same time that I did, so it’s a real reminder to me that I have been so blessed to have another chance at life. I thank God every day for giving me recovery this far and ask him to be with Sue and her family through this great loss. Thank you for your support all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment