Monday, October 20, 2008

Summer Rayne makes herself at home.

This is a picture of Raynie last weekend, walking through the kitchen figuring out her plan of attack. Bless her heart, it was all new to her, but once she got it all in her mind good, she was in control. We sure miss her and her family after having them here.

Today was another beautiful day for walking and sunning. They tell us it’s going to get cold for a few days and I’m not looking forward to the cold. Don won’t walk when it’s cold, so I’m on my own. I may do Dana’s idea and get some books to listen to as I walk. So far I stay pretty busy with the cane, but maybe I can swing the cane and listen? No, I have to count, so I can’t read and do the cane exercises. There’s plenty of time left after I get the cane exercises done, though. I’ll work on that idea.

Bob and Diana Clark took us out to the Mexican Restaurant for dinner tonight to thank us for helping to take care of their flowers while they were gone. We did precious little, but it was nice of them to take us out to dinner, anyway! It was fun to get together with them. It’s wonderful to have them living right down the street, but so much of the time either they or we are gone, so it’s fun to get together.

I got all the house put back together from the kids being here this weekend. Sadie left her bed beautifully made, but I got all the sheets washed and the beds remade. It looks boring, again. I SURE miss Sadie. It’s interesting how all the kids are so much alike, and yet each is so different and special in their own way. God sure blesses us with grandkids! My heart aches for folks who have no grandkids; I think they should find some they love and borrow them. Grandkids are absolutely the best! Sadie went around the house copying all the positive sayings I used for decoration. I was so pleased that she noticed and liked them. She is a wonderful helper and she fits into any group. If the little kids want to play chase, she’ll play with them. If the big guys want to go hiking and exploring, she can be as tough as them. If the grown ups are playing cards she can sit right in on that game. If Raynie needs her pants changed, she’ll do that without griping. I’m impressed. I can brag about all of our grandkids; it’s just Sadie’s turn tonight. I thank God for all of them and their wonderful parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment