Thursday, October 30, 2008

Windmill weeds up to my shoulders, again.


The picture tonight is me in the midst of our newest ‘collection’ of windmill weeds. I’m holding one up so you can better see their size.

Today was another awesome weather day. I love it when it’s brisk enough to walk with a sweat shirt and shorts, but it gets hot enough that I have to shed the sweat shirt about half way through the walk. It feels like Colorado memories to me. I remember thinking it was so funny that people there wear jackets and shorts. After a couple of days I caught on because it’s cool in the mornings, and a jacket is needed, but in just a little while it warms up enough that the jacket ends up tied around the waist. The locals call that mud season, I think. Don and I were there for a week and loved it; a foot of snow sliding off the roof to wake us up in the morning at it was all melted by noon. We spent a week in Colorado one spring; maybe we can do that again this spring! Anyway, our walk was tremendous today.

I’ve got all my other exercises done, but I’m still working on getting those herbs packaged. I did get all the laundry done today. Tomorrow we’ll get all packed for our trip to Houston and I’ve got to get these herbs and vitamins packaged! When we get home I’ve got to throw and package mine. It’s a big chore, but it sure feels good when I’ve got it done through March. Tomorrow we’re getting up early to vote.

Today I received a rough draft of our memory book from the Vegas reunion and I spent some time working to get the names right in it. That was fun. I was glad to get it in time to do it here, so I didn’t have to take it and do it in the car on the way. I’ve got it all ready to go out in tomorrow’s mail. I had to call some folks to make sure I had some of the names right, so it was kind of like a bonus reunion!

I thank God so much for the ability to walk and exercise! This time last year I couldn’t wear shoes with toes because my toes were so tender. My big toenails are almost back to regular, now! They’re very short, so the end of my toes are pretty tough. Last year I couldn’t thread a needle, and could hardly use one, but this year I can sew and even thread my own needles. I’m so grateful that the peripheral neuropathy disappeared! This time last year I was bald and didn’t have a hair on me anywhere, but this year I’m a peach all over and have a head full of curls. What a difference a year makes! I thank God for giving me another year to live and enjoy feeling better and better. I thank you for hanging with me through all this!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Jo...I gotta' tell you as the picture loaded tonight I felt like it was Mom!!! You sure do look like the picture of her I have on the piano!! I keep her pretty close all the time, but that was an even closer feeling!! Thanks! One more thing about the time change...remember it's "FALL BACK" and "SPRING FORWARD". (Only way I can remember, but I know Don will keep you straight! Love U, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruthie, imagine how I feel when I look in the mirror! It's pretty cool, but sometimes kind of freaky. When I'm walking around holding the cane over my head and see my shaddow I think it's Mom right there with me, too. Do you remember how she went around with the broom over her head? Maybe she didn't do that when you were there or when she visited you, but she did it at home every morning before she did her lion thing (I don't do that, yet.)

    Anyway, it's fun to be so much like her. It makes me smile.

    Love you,

    MJ

    ReplyDelete