Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cold front coming! Chili time!

This is another picture someone took of us at my reunion in Vegas. We sure had a good time!

We had another beautiful day here, but a cold front is supposed to be coming in tonight. I imagine I’ll be walking by myself tomorrow. We’re supposed to have big wind and Don doesn’t like to walk in the big wind. It’ll be an adventure. Today was a great walk, though!

I got our laptop in better working shape, today. I’m pretty much down to getting the printer to work. I did a little work on it today, but I’ve got it unplugged hoping it will forget it’s problem and wake up refreshed when I plug it in tomorrow.

We’ve made plans to play cards at our house Friday night. Floyd’s birthday is November 1 and we’re leaving that day for Houston, so we’ll celebrate his birthday Friday night. That’ll be fun.

We took our neighbor, preacher and house watcher and his family out to dinner tonight. It was fun. They are such great neighbors. They stay busy, so it’s hard to catch them with free time. It was fun to go out to eat with them.

Since the cold front is coming in I’m making chili tomorrow and we’ll take it out to share with David and Dorothy. We like to do that, so it has become a ritual whenever I make a pot of chili. I’m looking forward to it. They are both doing pretty well. They’re coming to play cards Friday night. I thank God for their recoveries, AND mine!

We are blessed to have wonderful neighbors and friends and good health! God is so generous!

No comments:

Post a Comment